Painting Regulations - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2008, 10:06 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

home grown paint jobs

Never knew this post would get so much action. So far I've primered my truck, sprayed bedliner on the bottom and even painted the frame. All has been done early in the morning on the QT. I'm moving to a new house so I don't know how the new neighbors will be. The plan was to finish the truck this summer and then buy the house in the fall, but it was too good of a deal to pass up. The truck will have to wait, but hopefully the primer and block sanding will all be done by early fall. I will have a pro spray it if I can afford it after the house purchase.

Growing up in S. Cal my dad was a Chrysler mechanic who started work in a body shop when he was 14. Boy he could do anything. I remember him painting a 65 GTO in the back yard, metallic blue with black stripes. This thing was cherry. Cragers, engine chromed out etc.. I learned to drive in it, but he sold it a month before I was 16. He said he didn't want me to wrap it around a tree. He also painted our boat, flat bottom lavey craft with a hilborn injected 440. We also had dune buggies etc. Everything we had was a result of his hands.

I may have *****ed a little when I didn't want to help him in the garage but now when I'm turning wrenches in my garage I do feel close to him. I'm probably like most guys in this hobby, doing it because we grew up with an old man or friend wrenching.

I sure wished I had an old bodyman living next door. Maybe at the new house.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2008, 10:17 PM
point on positive

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig legacy
I'm probably like most guys in this hobby, .
Keeping it a hobby is key..

C/P TYLER
Listen ,you can run water over your hand and make it worse, or -- look at me -- or you can use vinegar to neutralize the burn.

JACK
Please let me have some, please.

But first you have to give up. First, you have to know, with no fear, know that someday you are going to die. Until you know that, you are useless.

Jack spasms with a shiver of pain...

JACK
You don't know how this feels!

Tyler shows Jack a LYE-BURNED KISS SCAR on his own hand. Tears begin to drip from Jack's eyes.

TYLER
It's only after we lost everything that we are free to do anything.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paintclubjpg.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	30786  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.