Hot Rod Forum banner

Painting sequence to minimize overspray?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Countilaw 
#1 ·
I've painted my bird , cleared it a few days ago, it had some runs , and some orange peel, so I wet sanded it down with 400 grit. Sprayed two more coats of clear today. But I keep getting over-spray on the panels.

For instance, paint the hood all looks well, then paint the fender. Over-spray gets all over the hood? Is there some secret to minimize this? :confused:

Unfortunately I have to redo the hood tomorrow. i didn't notice the seal on the paint cup was out of place when starting the hood , dumped a pant load of clear all over the hood.. :mad:

Bob

#2 ·
Bummer, if your getting over spray on the hood after a coat of clear when spraying the fenders perhaps your spraying too dry. Generally it takes around 10 minutes or so for a coat of clear to kick to where over spray would lay on top of it. At any rate the clear over spray should not hurt anything, it will be the first thing to go once you start wet sanding.

Vince

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.