Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Painting wood grain 1979
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 12:18 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,220 Times in 1,076 Posts
LOL, I was thinking about just how much this taking photos has changed. LOL, friggin hilarious how much it has! Now, in 1979 I don't remember exactly what camera I was using, it may have gone to a built in flash by that time. But I am thinking it still used a disposable "flash cube" with four flashes.

I know I had an camera like this with the modern drop in 12 or 24 exposure film cartridge. It was one time use, you took your 12 or 24 photos and then brought that down to the store dropping it off for developing. This took a week or two as I remember. You then went and picked up your 3.5x3.5 inch photos. Wanted enlargements? Give them the negative and wait a few more weeks then pick them up at the store.

My goodness even I had forgotten what a friggin hassle it was. You had to REALLY want to take a photo, one of my "Basics" where I take a bunch of photos would have cost me $10 or something, and that was 1979 dollars! I was getting paid about $8 an hour!

Brian