Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Painting in your Garage
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2003, 11:03 AM
Sittin' on top of the world...

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Nice work Centerline, that garage shot yours, looks a lot like mine did on the first go-round with Sherwin Williams' Ultrabase 7 acrylic urethane system. The way that powder blue metalic color jumped out at me when the clear was applied, was almost scary. I wouldn't paint a car in the garage with any other product. The base-coat mixed 50-50 with the activator and dried to a hand-slick satin in 15 minutes, not giving the metallic the time to sag or the base-coat time to run. The color went on perfect at about 70 degrees. I got two little runs in the second coat of clear but they cleaned up just fine with ultra fine paper on a thimble block. once it was buffed, it was next to perfect.

The more I think about it, I'm thinking, why rent a booth or take the Delray out to the community college. Why not just take a whack at it, out back in the garage. The Visqueen removal party would be a WHOLE lot more fun thataway.. - Voila! it's all still there and it's all still clean