Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Part-time customizers need advice
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 03:04 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

As soon as you get money involved everything changes.The best advice I can give you is if you really like working on cars as a hobbie keep it that way,as a hobbie.You and your friend should buy a car and fix it up then sell it.Be your own customer and enjoy the work.I almost ruined a great hobbie working with wood. When people saw what I could do they all started throwing money at me then thought they could call me every day and complain about the time it took,so I just gave them their money back and called them when I finished .After that I only built things for me and my grand kids and never involved money with a hobbie again.Cars are my business,cars are cool, the people that own them are not so cool,all you have to do is read some of the differnt threads on this site and you'll see what I mean,you'll need thick skin dealing with these people.Have fun with it ,mabee buy and sell parts on ebay for cash