parts for a '41 ford coupe - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2010, 07:11 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

parts for a '41 ford coupe

I'm new to this 1941 and I've been looking for parts for it. Does anyone know why there are so few parts for the 41? It seems like even the best ford folks (Drake?) have parts listed for 32-40 and 46-49 but not 41.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2010, 07:23 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

'41-'42 is sort of an odd year. went thru a big redesign because they were going to stop production to manufacture things for the war.. production went on for a brief period in 1942 then stopped for the war. but 1942 Fords were still built in small quanaties during the war for millitary cars.. aside from body panels 1941-1942 is more closely related to the '46-'48
Old 03-28-2010, 07:33 AM

Last photo:

parts

Thanks Matt, looks like I'm going to have to make due with parts "close enough". It's a street rod with the heart of an F150 302 and 4spd auto, rear end too I suppose.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:06 PM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

My Bud and I did a 41 business coupe years ago and went through the learning process. The 41 was the major up grade over the 35-40 Ford that resided on basically the same frame. The 41 was born with a longer, wider, heavier frame and the body on it became longer, wider and heavier. Very little change in motor, tranny, rear end innards, and brakes. The war years made the 41 sort of one of a kind, even though the post war 46-48 was built on the same frame dimensions , but the sheet metal was different enough that it was difficult to adapt to the 41. Since it was sort of one of a kind, it is not practical to reproduce parts for such a low demand. But there are many more parts available today than 15 years ago when we built the 41. We hand made floor pans, trunk pans, the tool box in the rear, the exterior sheet metal across the back below the trunk, the bottoms of the door pillars and many other body parts. In fact, this was the most challenging build we did. In case you did not know, the door on the business coupe is the same as the front door on the 4 door sedans. The regular coupe and the two door sedan use the same door. The rear fenders from the 46-48 will work, but are some what different. The front fenders will not because the 41 is 2 piece and the grill opening is very different. You could probably graft the 46-48 hood, grille and front fenders to your body, but then you would not have a 41. The differences of the Standard, Deluxe and Super Deluxe will also run you nuts in your search for parts.

With all this encouragement (?), good luck in your build. I certainly like the looks of the 41 business coupe!!

Trees
Old 03-29-2010, 10:00 AM

Last photo:

partts for the '41

Thanks Trees,
It's mine, I bought it and damn I love it. The body is in great shape. I've got all of the trim, grill... Fenders and doors all solid. The floor pans were "patched" by a previous owner I will be replacing those for sure. The frame has been cut all up to fit the new trans. and it all sits on the stock suspension. At some point I will probably get a nice new chassis with IFS, power steering, crate motor and trans. 9" rear end just to drop the old body on. Not for a while though I'm going to enjoy driving this for a while. I made a rule for myself that I will only do projects that can be complete in a day or weekend so that the car is always ready to be driven. It is a sweet looking ride and the '41 grille makes the car.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:45 PM

Last journal entry: 41' finally has paint on it
Last photo:

1941 Ford

I love the looks of the 41' myself. I have a tudor sedan that I've owned for close to 16 years and have enjoyed every minute of it. Finding a good grill was the hardest thing to find for me. I had the center and two side grills re-plated after looking for a long time for a good used one. It cost me $600.00 several years ago just for the plating and it was just an average job, not show quality at all. The good thing about 41's though, if you find a parts car they are usually priced pretty affordable compared to other makes.
My major gripe is that you hardly ever see one in any of the top magazines and if you do it is usually a custom that they have hacked up the front end and changed the grill. I think that is one of the most appealing parts of the 41'.
I would like to see you post some pictures of yours or anyone else that has a 41' Ford.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:10 AM

Last photo:

Great fun in '41

I agree completely the grille makes it. The car came with a homemade grille which is nicely done but I just bought a rust old grille from a guy here in Haverhill. I will need to have it media blasted and chromed soon. The car is still in transit, I got to drive it around all day last Saturday boy was it fun.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:56 AM
MAKE IT YOUR OWN WAY

Last photo:

41 ford parts

Good to see another 41 owner. What parts are you looking for?
Old 04-14-2010, 08:50 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Hey guys, if you would, take the parts available chat to p.m., we don't want to get any complaints about preferential treatment and our guidelines. Thanks, Dan
Old 11-19-2012, 03:59 PM

1941 Ford Coupe Lower front fenders

Hi I have a set of the lower front fenders for a 1941 Ford Coupe. The fenders are in great condition. I was wondering what these fenders are worth? I believe I have two inner fenders also. The lower fenders are originals and like new. The one inner fender needs some work but the other one is perfect. Does anyone know a price I should ask for these fenders?

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.