Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Parts cleaning/Sand blaster
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 07:57 PM

Last journal entry: Shop Remodel Progress
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedub
I agree that my compressor is probably too small. What about this http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=30979
It only requires 3.3 CFM to operate, it takes glass, sand, and aluminum oxide. I think it would OK to do brackets, control arms, springs ect...

Darrin
www.networxcomputer.net/elky/elky.html
No good, unless you have a fresh air supply and protective gear.

I started out a couple of years ago with a CH "5" hp oiless and a smaller HF blast cabinet -I barely used it because of too much moisture being generated and started clumping up the media.

The compressor I pictured I picked up on Craigslist a couple of years ago for a good price. With this compressor and the Snap-on cabinet I have now it's a joy to clean parts instead of a hassle.

Is this a "one-off" task you're doing - or would you find other uses/parts to work on?

If it's not a one-off, I'd wait until you can get the right tools or you'll not only throw good money after bad you'll waist your valuable time as well.

I know I have a hard time letting go and farming out work but sometimes it's just better ~ unless you have the space and money to buy the tools!