Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Parts list for TBI to Carb
View Single Post
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-19-2012, 07:21 AM
gearheadslife gearheadslife is offline
Last photo:
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,482
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 173
Thanked 363 Times in 332 Posts
Originally Posted by ChevroletSS View Post
Can you all help me out with what I will need to do a TBI to Carb conversion. Its on my chevy truck. I know I need: Braided fuel line, Fuel pressure regulator, HEI distributor, and I cant think of anything else besides carb and intake. As far a a regulator I have seen alot of different ones but I dont know which one to get. Can anyone help me out with a link to one.

you didn't say what year truck... but I'll guess some

you'll need what you listed..
the fuel reg. can't be what they call a deadhead. you have to use one that uses a return line.
if your trans is computer controlled it will not like this at all and you'll be forced into a stand allone controller
if the tranks is a 7004r you'll need the correct t.v. cable and brackets . if factory intake you can use the factory brackets, if aftermarket you'll need to get the brackets that work with that intake.. edel/etc makes/sells them..
you'll need a hei thats not computer controlled..

your check engine light will be on. if they plug into the service port for state inspection. you'll fail..
your cruise will not work..
and your speedo might not also (not knowing the year/model)
good luck
Reply With Quote