Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Parts list for TBI to Carb
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 12:48 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevroletSS View Post
Well I am not 100% sure of what my transmission is. I thought it is the 4L60E but How do I tell. Looks like that is my only issue Im going to have to deal with. If it is a 4L60E could I Use a computer out of a truck with a manual trans and take care of it. First tho how do I tell what trans it is? It is a 94 so Im guessing it is computer controlled. If it is what year trucks had the 4L60 in them so I can get on or is the 700r4 the same length.
The 700R4/4L60 will have a mechanical cable link coming from the TBI throttle linkage which is the modulator control; the 4L60E will not have any mechanical linkage or cable connection with the throttle linkage. Underneath the 4L60E will have a big black box on the driver's side that the shift lever connects to and a very large wire bundle that enters the case on the passenger side.

If this has the 4L60E, my advice would be to fix the TBI. Not knowing why you want to replace the TBI if it's malfunctioning or you want more performance. Either-way it's probably less expensive to repair or hot rod the TBI. The 4L60E can be operated from a standalone controller but this isn't very cheap. The other way would be to put in a 700R4/4L60. There is no cheap solution to the fully electronic vehicles that start with the 93-95 late OBD I production and it only gets worse with 96 up OBD II production. The levels of Systems Integration just keep increasing making it ever-more expensive and difficult to simple these later model vehicles.

Bogie