Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Parts list for TBI to Carb
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 10:51 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevroletSS View Post
Im building a 383 vortec stroker for this With big cam. I dont want a custom chip burned. Once I have all the parts it will take no time at all to do this swap. I already have an intake. The stock fuel pump will be fine but need to know what regulator to use. It would cost more to stay with TBI and get an upgraded intake and throttle body. That right ther could cost me up to 600-700 bucks. Im old school and this is what I want to do. Its not a daily driver and Ill keep all the wiring and computer in the truck in case one day I want to go back to TBI. If I wanted to stay with TBI and had the money I would go the e-street route but I dont and Im not gonna go to a junk yard and get used TBI parts. I can get awsome power and tourque by doing this and not spend alot of money in the process. I dont care about cold start issues. Gas mileage isn a concern.

Thanks everyone for all the input
This would make sense, TBI isn't really friendly toward big cams, it gets very difficult after about 210 degrees of duration to keep enough vacuum in total and enough sensitivity between the relationship of vacuum changes to throttle opening to RPM to keep it fueling correctly. Additionally, the 2 barrel injector body has a real problem in supplying enough fuel for power at and certainly above 330 horses, at this point two 90 pound injectors are working themselves to death just to keep up. This why Holley went to the 750 and 900 CFM four barrel, four injector configuration, this was to get enough injector flow capacity while still retaining reasonable injector life more than an effort to get more air flow.

Bogie