Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Parts list for TBI to Carb
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Originally Posted by ChevroletSS View Post
This is not a daily driver. This is a farm truck for hauling wood and a horse trailer and anything else. If you take care of an engine u can get 300,000 miles easy and that's with stock parts (bearings rings or whatever). I'm not putting a s h i t load of money in this. Now I might consider e-street efi with my roller engine I talked about in other posts. I seen the guys use that on horsepower tv and I was impressed but $ is an issue and I want my money going towards my big build. I appreciate your advise but that's not what I want on this build. People are entitled to their own opinions so I respect what you are saying but I'm not spending money on a upgraded or used TBI or EFI system as we all no they aren't cheap. Put it this way the most expensive thing I'm buying for this is the 383 crank.

I can understand the money thing, but a good carb will run you a few hundred bucks, an intake another couple hundred- I'm just saying it'd be cheaper to keep the TBI you already have, and if it's a farm truck you'd be better off anyway.