Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Parts list for TBI to Carb
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 07:20 PM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevroletSS View Post
This is not a daily driver. This is a farm truck for hauling wood and a horse trailer and anything else. If you take care of an engine u can get 300,000 miles easy and that's with stock parts (bearings rings or whatever). I'm not putting a s h i t load of money in this. Now I might consider e-street efi with my roller engine I talked about in other posts. I seen the guys use that on horsepower tv and I was impressed but $ is an issue and I want my money going towards my big build. I appreciate your advise but that's not what I want on this build. People are entitled to their own opinions so I respect what you are saying but I'm not spending money on a upgraded or used TBI or EFI system as we all no they aren't cheap. Put it this way the most expensive thing I'm buying for this is the 383 crank.

Thanks.......SS.
I can understand the money thing, but a good carb will run you a few hundred bucks, an intake another couple hundred- I'm just saying it'd be cheaper to keep the TBI you already have, and if it's a farm truck you'd be better off anyway.