Hot Rod Forum banner

Parts made in China

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  78 monte 
#1 ·
Some of the big after market parts companies are going to China for the parts you put on your car . I would not want to put a part on my Hot Rod made in China ,I think we should ask for made in USA parts only from these people.

#2 ·
i think we're all with you on this one, not just for car parts either, try to buy anything that's not made in china, even wolverine work boots! that's thanks to NAFTA and the WTO. who is really running this country anyway. the problem is you can't find the **** you need that's even made in this country anymore, and sometimes when you do, it's so crappy now because they have cut costs to compete with china. all you can do is wrtie to your congressman and then vote him out of office when he doesn't do anything. and then the next guy won't do a ****ing thing either! keep your gun cause you'll need it for the revolution. at least that's one thing we still make in the u.s., but didn't Colt just go into bankruptcy?

#3 ·
Goddamn Commies. I hate all those little chinamen stealing our money for things we need just so they build/buy more nukes to point at us. Then they want to steal our airplanes cause they aren't smart enough to build good ones but they are good enough to build batteries and other useful things and worst of all AMERICAN FLAGS! I walked into a hardware store and they always have those flag and pole sets right at the beggining of summer. They advertise that they are made in USA, but I looked closer at it and was shocked to find that only the mounting bracket was made in the USA. The pole and flag, the flag of our country where they want to blow up, was made in that commie country. I'm not racist, or try to not be, but I am somewhat of a nationalist and am sick and tired of all the crap being made over there. They pay someone one bowl of rice per day, six to seven days a week, to build cars to send here and take fifteen thousand American dollars back to commie land. I'm sick and tired of this!

#5 ·
Hey guys I love America too and think the jobs should stay here as well, but I lived in China. They aren't happy about this either, the Chinease government is very happy, but the workers aren't. I've lived with a whole family that worked in one of those shops, those people are miserable and they only do what their told or they get beaten. I know I had my arse handed to me more than once. So just don't think its the little guys fault here or there, just a bunch of government BS.

#6 ·
I don't think I got my point across correctly. I didn't say that I was blaming the little guys! You know those fireworks you buy on 4th of July (If you can in your area)? Well it costs about 5 to 10 cents to make them and about 4 cents apiece to ship from China, Wholesellers them for 45 cents, then the individual stands sell them to us for a dollar and a quarter. Does that seem a little like a markup. The worst are the clothing industry, of course. We buy shirts for 45 dollars and they cost about 15 dollars to make and ship here. I'm upset that the government hasn't put a limit on markup for things shipped in. It's rediculous that we pay so much just so that we can have a certain name brand, but people in China can't afford to buy the things they make for us. The auto industry has somewhat limited the markup because of the amount of money spent on this stuff. I still think the products should be made here where we pay our people reasonably for the jobs they do.

#7 ·
the problem lies with the theory of morons idiots and imbasiles---some idiot runs for office and tell us how much he will do for us, then the morons in the press tell all the imbasiles how great and wonderful he is,then all the imbasiles go out and vote the idiot into office over and over again....that's how you get NAFTA( a document with over 30,000 pages, do you think any one of them read it?)It's time to wake up America and vote for a new guy,get rid of all those lazy drunkin blowhards we have now. When you get paid you are missing up to 45% of your wages then you get sales,exsize,property,import and use taxes,then there are tolls and licence fees not to mention fines for all sorts of stuff,so you end up giving the government around 75 to 80% of your hard earned dollars,and the government gives you nothing,as a native born american governmentservices are out of reach but if you are an immigrent or illegal alien the country is yours for the asking.Do you realize that over 80% of the american citisens want the boarders closed but polititians don't want to hear any of it.got to stop now I'm getting angry and carried away

#9 ·
I didn't mean to blame the overseas workers. What i meant was I dont like when american companys ship our work overseas to get cheap labor costs. Then try to sell their products back to us for a high price. We wonder why there is only rich and poor.The poor are the people that cant find descent jobs wile the rich are the people who put us out of jobs. These companys save money by shipping the work overseas,Then offer us an "economy" product for a lower price,we buy it,sales go up, more work goes overseas, more american plants close, more people out of jobs.We should in theory by american cause the work stays here,but somewhere in our shiny new Chevys is a foriegn part,somewhere in our American TVs is a japanese transistor etc....So in my opinion the problem lies in selfish corporations trying to squeez that extra profit out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.