Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Parts made in China
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2002, 05:56 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I don't think I got my point across correctly. I didn't say that I was blaming the little guys! You know those fireworks you buy on 4th of July (If you can in your area)? Well it costs about 5 to 10 cents to make them and about 4 cents apiece to ship from China, Wholesellers them for 45 cents, then the individual stands sell them to us for a dollar and a quarter. Does that seem a little like a markup. The worst are the clothing industry, of course. We buy shirts for 45 dollars and they cost about 15 dollars to make and ship here. I'm upset that the government hasn't put a limit on markup for things shipped in. It's rediculous that we pay so much just so that we can have a certain name brand, but people in China can't afford to buy the things they make for us. The auto industry has somewhat limited the markup because of the amount of money spent on this stuff. I still think the products should be made here where we pay our people reasonably for the jobs they do.