Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Parts Supplier's & Their Value
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 11:10 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post

I guess what I'm looking for when buying parts is to be treated with respect, I want that personal relationship with the guy behind the counter if I require delivery or if I pick up the parts myself. For me, it's that personal touch that assures me that I'm getting service, I know quality and I know prices. I want my parts supplier to treat me the way I treat my customers. I feel that when a jobber gets to know what their customers want, do what it takes to set them apart from the competition by offering knowledgeable friendly service, they will succeed and price, although important often becomes secondary when purchasing.

Ray
I hear ya, but respect works BOTH WAYS.. and sad to say.. the car guy know it all, are down wright mean to counter help.. not only in person. then they take the b/s to forums and f/b,twitter and everything else..
the ALL.(well almost) forget they where not BORN with automotive knowlege.. they learned it over the years.. but somehow thing that 18y/o making min wage should know what they are looking for.. like it's knowlege they should be born with...!!

after they treat the newbe like dirt I go over to help the customer and have a ball.. just the other day I helped a know it all.. after he belittled the kid.. he wanted tune up parts for a 307. I asked what make.. he snapped just get parts for a 3o7... after looking out and not see'n an olds in the lot I got him tune up parts for a 307
he came back oh 90 minutes later and said I gave him the wrong parts..
I said back up. I asked you what make.. you blasted "just give me parts for a 307" well all those parts fit a chevy 307 v8
he barks but I have an olds, I said sir thats why we ask make!!!!!!!!!!
Another time a guy came in wanting a chevy long waterpump.. I asked him(interupting the other counter girl) if it was for his vette in lot..
yes it was, I said you'll want a short pump.. and went to go grab one.. to him yelling, I know what the f I need ,get me a long pump..
OK sir.. here ya go.. have a great day..
he returned 10 minutes after we closed, but I walked into supermarket to get whatever wife wanted me to pick up. and was headed to my car..
he's like , this pump is wrong.. I said no kidding.. well you sold me the wrong one.. I said no I didn't !!!!!!!!!!! I tried to sell you the correct one.. but what do I know.. he says well I need the "other" type..
I said fine comeback tomorrow am and it'll be waiting for you..
he was pissed, I said sorry the manager lives in milton(35miles away) and mostlikely is half way home.. I don't have keys..

car guys are the most arrogant bas tards to deal with , as they automaticly think parts guys are STUPID..
again not all.. but way to many..