Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Parts Supplier's & Their Value
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 03:10 PM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Yup, I do remember Fort Ignition being bought up.

I'm pretty sure it was around the time that UAP and NAPA merged and became UAP/NAPA in Canada.

That merger resulted in just a bit of a "Gong Show" IMO.
(Let's be polite and call it "growing pains")

The parent company in Canada is still UAP Inc, but they seem to be slowly assimilating back to the GPC (Guaranteed Parts) method of doing business. Being that I was an original NAPA guy ... that was good news.

Paint is a whole 'nother level of PITA, with the change to low VOC. I'm really glad that NAPA split that off to the CMAX division. We basically stock body filler and gun wash now ... and that's about it.

My advice to everyone reading this is to find, download, and save as many PDF catalogs as you can get your hands on as they are the last link to the old paper catalogs in many cases. Many mfrs have gone completely electronic, and some have converted to Adobe Flash format, which is not MY preferred method of doing look-ups. You can print individual or a small number of pages at a time. I cheat a bit, by printing them to a series of PDF files, then re-combine them using the full version of Adobe Acrobat. (expensive program to buy) An alternative to this is to use Able2Extract Pro to convert each PDF to a Word document, and then manually copy/paste the pages in. This method would entail a lot of work to re-assemble a 500 page catalog.
The Following User Says Thank You to 66GMC For This Useful Post:
Valkyrie5.7 (02-21-2013)