Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Parts Supplier's & Their Value
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 04:40 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

What I loved about the time that I was employed by UAP/NAPA/Fort Ignition (my first few paychecks where still under the Fort Ignition umbrella) was that Fort Ignition carried everything for cars from 1920 to 1996 especially electrical and tune up parts. The location that I worked at was considered a warehouse and we stocked so many parts it was incredible. That location had a service center, electrical rebuild shop (alternators and even radios) and a machine shop with real good people. I learned a lot from those people and I was in heaven, doing my own head work, boring etc., but that wasn't NAPA's shtick and over a couple of years all those people where gone and it became parts only. I'm so glad that I had the benefit of being able to learn from the guys in the back with respect to machining.

Yes they moved all the paint into the C-Max division and rightfully so. It's a whole different kettle of fish than hard parts. I'm not sure what the're doing in the US but C-Max is alive and well in Canada.

Good advice on downloading the catalogs...when the're gone, they will be gone.

I may PM you some time (if that's OK) and see if we know some of the same people, I still stay in touch with a few of them and had several visits here in Ontario from some of the Calgary staff you may know.

Ray