Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - PAW 388 or 383 kits, any good
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2005, 03:26 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

paw

I bought their entire 427 long block kit except for the heads. I had a set of 396 heads that had been ported, so I put some 2.19 & 1.88 valves in them, and used my heads. PAW did screw up on the proper valve guides, though, so I called them, and they sent the right ones right away. I paid extra for a .030 bore block, instead of the .060 over. I think they messed up on the guide plates because I upgraded the pushrods to the 7/16 chrome moly ones. I also upgraded to some roller rockers instead of those long slot jobs. I also got a xe268 comp flat tappet cam, that I really like too. With the 4 bolt mains and all I feel more confident romping on it now. It has killer low end and really screams. I put a shift kit in the 400 tranny too with a Hughes convertor, and now I'm worried about breaking the u-joints or rearend. Compared to my last engine, this one is almost scary. I give PAW a thumbs up, and of course my machinist deserves a lot of credit too.