Hot Rod Forum banner

PCV Valve - SBC - 50's style valve cover

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  spudone 
#1 ·
Ok, I need some advice. I have a SBC with 50 style valve covers. I have a old wiean manifold with 4 deuces and a oil breather tube on the front of the manifold. So, I am getting oil blow by out of the tube because I do not have any pvc in the valve covers. I do not want any in the valve covers because they are 50 style and need to stay that way. Also, there are no vacuum intakes on the carb even if I wanted to hook one up, What can I do?lve cover

#2 ·
pcv tip

heres a little ripper of an idea my freind drilled through the center of the stud that holds down the carby that gave him a manifold vacume port (he didnt want to drill his offy alloy) he then pulled out the welsh plug near thw dizzy
he then used a 283 style breather and we talked over some baffle designs on the phone to fit in the liffter gallery he hasnt started the motor but hes very confident it will work good luck Ian

#3 ·
You would have to have the manifold off the motor for this one but; Why not put a 90* x 1/2" fitting in the block at the rear galley rail area (don't hit the oil sender passage) connect the pvc with a short length of hose and tap the manifold for a vacuum port. (I'v seen cheater nitros plumbed under the manifold that way, so there is room if you'r careful. You want your source of fresh air (breather tube) and pvc as far away from each other as you can get them to work right. ie: factory set-ups in opposite valve covers. Good luck.. :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.