Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Pearl White really that hard to repair??
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 09:12 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Pearl White really that hard to repair??

I have a 67 Chevelle that was painted pearl white by one of the previous owners. It wasn't the most precise paint job out there and it will need to have some body work done and be completely repainted. The pearl in it is either purple or blue...seems more purple though.

I drive my car every weekend I can and sometimes use it as a backup to my daily driver if it has an issue.

I hear that trying to paint say, a single door is a nightmare to match in white or pearl white...is that true??? If so perhaps it's time for a different color?

I've seen a couple of Cobra replicas using Toyota Indigo Ink Pearl, which I believe is a two stage paint (??) Honda Fiji Blue looks like an interesting color as well.. Would those be easier to touch up dings or just paint a panel or door and match it up?

What I want to avoid is paying for an entire paint job each time the car gets a few dings..I'd like to keep it nice enough to at least show respectably at local car shows...

The car has blue interior so black, white, and blue seem to be the main color choices I have. I want to avoid Nantucket Blue (the original color) and Marina Blue and Black...they're all so common. I like white a lot but it needs to have some pearl in it or it looks dead to me.... Same with Deepwater Blue...

So is a pearl white indeed a nightmare to touch up and blend in??? And are the Toyota and Honda colors I mentioned easier to work with???

Sorry for the rambling long post...