Penn state punishment from NCAA - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2012, 09:52 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,161 Times in 1,024 Posts
Penn state punishment from NCAA

HOLY COW they aren't messing around! I have so much respect for NCAA for taking such measures. Paterno is now the 12th winningest coach not the first, I love it. Tear down that statue and melt it down and rip his name off the wall too. That was so damn sick what went on there and now they are paying for it big time.

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 11:18 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Maybe I don't know the whole story. But I had thought JP told his superiors about it and basically left it up to them to deal w/it. It's my opinion they made him a scape goat- he's dead, after all. Not like he's going to be complaining much.

I'm a bit surprised the fans aren't taking it any worse than they are- so maybe I'm way off base on this deal. No doubt it was a despicable act, and had JP witnessed it himself (he didn't, did he?) maybe things would be different.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Banned User

Last photo:

i don't know the whole story either, but if it is all or mostly true then i'm glad the ncaa stepped in and punished. However, IF it is all or mostly true, then i don't think the penalties were severe enough---this is a very serious thing.

i think it's weak that people who, apparently, knew didn't do the right thing; i think if they had done the right thing then long-term public perception would not damage the university's reputation.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:

The worst part is , they are punishing ALL the people who are in Penn State at the moment and all the people for the next 4 years.
Thats just wrong.So much for the Nittany Lions.
Paterno was actually found guilty of covering some of it up by pressure and coersion by his superiors. He turned his head, kept quiet to keep his job.
He should have been screaming bloody murder at the top of his lungs so the whole world could hear.
How in the heck is Penn State going to operate with a 60 million dollar fine to pay?
The students and the GOOD teachers and faculty will now suffer for the sick and despicable actions of a handful of Administrators and coaches.
The whole school gets a black eye for the dispicable acts of a few. Hardly seems fair.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:45 PM

Last photo:

I see your points but how else could it be done? They are punishing the football program only. The fine is levied a the school because it's THEIR football program.

The school is at fault because THEY didn't act properly, THEY hired people who would act despicable and now they are going to pay for it.

The NCAA can't punish "people", they have no say so what so ever what "people" do, they aren't the law, so they are punishing the only thing they have any say-so over and that is the football program and the school that is responsible for it.

Yes I feel bad for all the students and the faculty and the members of the football team who will now have to go other schools to play (and the other schools are like seagulls flying over the playground after lunch waiting to grab up those guys! They will not be hurt from this, they will be playing next season.

I wish the students and faculty weren't being punished but they are because by chance they were going to a school that had a bad thing going on. No different from your co-worker running a meth lab in the basement at work and the place gets closed down because of it, it's just the luck of the draw.

The SCHOOL needs to be punished and unfortunately the students and faculty that had nothing to do with it are part of the school.

Brian
Old 07-23-2012, 05:05 PM
Banned User

Last photo:

i don't quite understand the mentality of looking the other way and not doing the right thing?

i mean if JP was really that good, then worse comes to worse he could have gone to another school and become just as successful as a coach? No?

We all want to protect our jobs/career, but some things are more important? No?

Despite sometimes it seem contrary, you can almost ALWAYS find another job. Don't put this ahead of a child's life/innocence.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:22 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by against all odds View Post
i don't quite understand the mentality of looking the other way and not doing the right thing?

i mean if JP was really that good, then worse comes to worse he could have gone to another school and become just as successful as a coach? No?

We all want to protect our jobs/career, but some things are more important? No?

Despite sometimes it seem contrary, you can almost ALWAYS find another job. Don't put this ahead of a child's life/innocence.
That one guy who SAW it happening! WTF? I would have likely went to jail myself that day, I would have beat him until he couldn't move. The guy who saw him was a big man, he could have beat that old BAS-TARD to a pulp if he was half a man! But apparently he wasn't, that should have ended RIGHT THERE. What kind of spineless pieces of garbage are we talking about? Personally I don't feel that the POS who saw him is ANY better, as far as I am concerned it is EXACTLY as if that guy touched the kid along with Sandusky, there isn't one bit of difference from the guy doing it and the guy who watched it and let it happen. I would regard it as one of the greatest things I ever did in my life to stomp on that SOBs hands on the ground breaking all his fingers. If that asst couch would have done it I would hope he would get a friggin trophy for his mantel. Instead he was part of, despicable!

Brian
Old 07-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Banned User

Last photo:

i read/heard a little about that alleged incident and supposedly he, the witness, did report it, but the superiors wanted to sweep it under the rug. And then nothing more was done about it----this part blows my mind. So the witness decided to also forget about it?

This is, simply, weak. i think penn state should be banned permanently from ncaa participation.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:01 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by against all odds View Post
i read/heard a little about that alleged incident and supposedly he, the witness, did report it, but the superiors wanted to sweep it under the rug. And then nothing more was done about it----this part blows my mind. So the witness decided to also forget about it?

This is, simply, weak. i think penn state should be banned permanently from ncaa participation.
Like I said when you SEE something like that you don't "report" it to you boss, you smash the dudes head into the show stall tile! You don't think about it, you don't wonder what to do, you smash the scums head into the show stall tile!

It is ludicrous, it's like watching a kid get hit by a run away car because you are going to go knock on the door of the house of the cars owner to tell him to put the car's e-brake on!

Brian
Old 07-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Banned User

Last photo:

i don't know if i would go that far initially at least----actually, not ever having to witness such an atrocity, i would probably be stunned for a few seconds not knowing or believing what is going on and what to do about it, but i would definitely call the police and not leave until they took my and everyone else involved statements.

If, after an investigation, nothing happens, i would not rest until appropriate measures have been taken. What would these "appropriate measures" be? At the very least putting the word out and not stopping until the perpetrator is stopped.

This penn state fiasco is yet another reason why we, as a society, are dying. What causes such weak minds? Could it be that the preceding, and by preceding i mean the WW2 generation, had to actually work for anything and everything, while we as the children and grandchildren of the ww2 generation had everything handed to us? Thus, we don't know what a strong mind is? Thus, we don't know right from wrong?

Have we gone mad? (yes)
Old 07-24-2012, 09:24 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

joe is the fall guy but still didn't do enough. every top level person who knew about the abuse should be imprisoned and joe pa should have done the right thing. everyone who kept silent will have to live with it for the rest of their spineless lives.if you ask me not enough was done to penn state as punishment.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:33 AM

I don't feel bad for Penn State. The players who are getting shafted for the next four years should be able to not only transfer to the college of their choosing but I feel Penn State should also pick up the bill for any of them who may have had scholarlships and pay the differnece in any costs for their new tuition bill.
$60 million no matter how big the number sounds isn't jack squat comapred to the $1.5 billion endowment fund Penn State has.
All of the top admisistrators should be charged accordingly based on their invovlment in the cover up. No stone left unturned untill they all meet justice. Bastards!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 01:12 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

Yeah, agree with that. More jail time for the people who knew. Even the ahole that saw it and didn't go to the cops.
As far as what i think, it should have been the death sentence. I don't care about the people who own businesses next to the stadium, they got rich on dirty money too. and 60 Mil? they make that up in a year. or used to anyway. HAHAHA! should have been twice what they gave them. Punt their arse right out of the nc 2A. then we got all the military acadamies covering up midshipman rapes, that's a class act as well, but we expect that out of our Govt! worthless bast's.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:29 PM
a red wool sock on his dinger

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheimer View Post
As far as what i think, it should have been the death sentence.

Yep, should have been no more NCAA sports at all, That would have been the correct punishment...
Old 07-24-2012, 03:13 PM

Last photo:

I feel the same way guys I think it should be more too. But I was thrilled with what was handed them at the very least. I was NOT expecting anything like what they got, I am trilled that they got their butt whooped, I think a little more whooping is due but at least ncaa hit them as hard as they did.

Brian

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.