People I will never ride with again. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Dried up in the Drought! :(

Last wiki edit: Pre-1980 VIN decoding
Last journal entry: 1978 Chevy pickup battery tray repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 409

People I will never ride with again.

1. The guy that took me on a 120 mph ride on an ice covered road.

2. The guy with the hopped up 4X4 truck that ran somebody off the road because they didn't dim their headlights when we met.

3. My ex-brother-in-law that took me on the 120 mph+ motorcycle ride.

Who will you refuse to ride with, even if you have to walk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2008, 11:53 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Most human beings, pretty much.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:44 AM
oldsmobile compatible

Last wiki edit: Selling your car Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

My dad. Every time I've gotten in the car with him for the past twenty years, it's like his guardian angel says, "Whew! I need a break! YOU take over for a while."

At least once every time I'd be with him driving along, I'd have to say, "RED LIGHT!" and he'd slam on the brakes. Stressful. I don't know how he's never rear-ended anyone.

Then there's the ride to the lake on weekends when I was a kid. Driving on the hilly provincial park highway, I was in the back seat of the station wagon and I remember feeling, like, almost zero gravity a few tiimes along the way.

I think I beat the odds. It's good to still be around.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:24 AM

Last photo:

My grandma. When I was first getting my license, I remember her riding along a few times soon after I got my license, and I'd come to a stop, get ready to go, and here her screaming stop stop stop. So I ask what that was all about. She says there was a car coming. Yeah, I think I seen that little dot 10 miles down the road. She is in her 80's now, and never got a license or drove.
I use to go fishin with my grandpa when he was still living when I was a teen. He'd cruise down the highway at about 45 mph heading to his favorite resteraunt to grab a bite to eat, and hoped he would pull over and ask me to drive, so wouldn't get lapped by yugos.
I remember my dad giving me and my brother a ride down the country road by our house in his old cougar, and flipping the needle. Was fun, but a little scary. Nowadays if they ever found out about a stunt like that with kids in the car, they would probably lock you away for a long time. The last few years before he passed, his driving slowed down quite a bit, and had the habit of bumping into things, took the mirror off my truck pulling into my driveway one day.

One of my friends, I liked to drive a bit fast when I was younger, but he was crazy. Would be riding on the back of a 4 wheeler, and would be going full bore down the trails. Sorry, when going fast, Id rather be holding the wheel,and like to have a roof around me. He was going up a large sand dune, flipped the 4 wheeler sending us both off and down the hill with the bike landing on top of us, luckily no one was hurt. He had an old ford van too, and would take it down one of the curvy country dirt roads near our houses, and get it on two wheels.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:36 AM
36 Chevy Low Cab

Last journal entry: C4 IRS
Last photo:

Me!!

"DOH!!!"

I'm bashing myself. Dang it.

Dave
Old 09-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

My wife!!!!! Oh... I didn't know you where behind me...
Old 09-21-2008, 01:23 PM
How’s that hopey-changey thing

Last wiki edit: Determining top dead center
Last journal entry: Quicky frame dolly
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

ted kennedy near water/lake/ocean
Old 09-21-2008, 04:14 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

he's dead now (name witheld) and I survived so I've done my own driving ever since
Old 09-23-2008, 05:58 AM

Last photo:

My wifey!! I remember coming back to Mtl. from Niagara Falls (Ontario side) in a friggin' snowstorm.. Took us nigh onto 12 hours... She kinda drives like she is a doin' the "William Tell shuffle". In other words she is on and off the gas many many many times a minute much to the chagrin of the other people in the small car... Gotta hand it to dee ole Battle-ax though, she put most of the passengers to sleep with the gentle rockin' back 'n forth of the car.. I had to stay awake, as my nerves were totally frayed and worn thin and "no way was I gonna nod off".. She a Great wife, but, to this day, I abhor the thought of her behind a workable steering wheel, notwithstanding, her sense of direction leaves very much to the imagination... so to speak... Good topic, I always wanted to put this to paper as it was, and still is, an unforgettable moment amongst many... I have another one re. a Military friend after loadsa wine in a late 60's VolksWagon Van (the one with hardly any dash) and this guy with a heavy foot alongwith a ridiculous high pitched sick-sounding claxon and the demeanor of a BullDog ready to "drop the gloves" at any and all, small seemingly innocuous (sp) provocation(s).. One might picture what happened when all the "stars lined up" so to speak...
Thanks for bendin' an ear gennamen!!!
T.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:53 PM

Last wiki edit: Building a new shop
Last journal entry: Christmas 2008 came early!!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 54

I must've improved a bit myself. kenseth17 didn't mention not riding with me again.....

I'll never ride with my middle brother. We got passed by some old half blind granny, one grasshopper (I know they're kinda quick...), and three tortoises on the last trip with him.....

In a while, Chet.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:03 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:

My 94 year old mother in law. We finally took her car away from her two years ago. She is stone deaf, has absolutely no sense of direction, has only one place for the gas pedal - on or near the floorboards and had personally made an attempt to kill all of the deer with her Oldsmobile on the back road she used to live on before she moved to the retirement home. She still harasses my wife and anyone within hearing distance about her car and that she is going to go out and buy a new one - except she is too old to get insurance - thankfully, especially so, since she is starting to get a bit senile (except for that, she is in better health shape then most of us - takes no meds, BP is 120/60 and doesn't wear glasses)
Old 09-23-2008, 02:08 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
My 94 year old mother in law. We finally took her car away from her two years ago. She is stone deaf, has absolutely no sense of direction, has only one place for the gas pedal - on or near the floorboards and had personally made an attempt to kill all of the deer with her Oldsmobile on the back road she used to live on before she moved to the retirement home. She still harasses my wife and anyone within hearing distance about her car and that she is going to go out and buy a new one - except she is too old to get insurance - thankfully, especially so, since she is starting to get a bit senile (except for that, she is in better health shape then most of us - takes no meds, BP is 120/60 and doesn't wear glasses)
don't know her but I LOVE HER - - God Bless her, WR
Old 09-23-2008, 02:24 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet
don't know her but I LOVE HER - - God Bless her, WR
She's single now and lookin' for a 'friend'
Old 09-23-2008, 07:33 PM
elkyholic

Last journal entry: Center Link Installed
Last photo:

Dear Old Dad

I remember riding riding with my younger brother in an empty utility trailer in tow behind our old chevy pick-up truck with Dear Old Dad behind the wheel. It's an e-ticket ride , especially on the dirt roads in south Georgia. The good part - with very little provocation on our part, Dear Old Dad would get the truck swerving frantically so that the trailer would use both sides of the road. For a big finish Dear Old Dad would get the trailer up on one wheel so we could view the dirt road close up.
Only now can I fully appreciate the grave danger involved in these stunts, at the time we were too busy screaming with delight to have even considered any risk.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:47 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
She's single now and lookin' for a 'friend'
(I'm not the friendly type )

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.