people messing with my car at night - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2008, 08:19 AM
More dogs than bones

Last journal entry: This makes a huge difference
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

people messing with my car at night

i have a 2 car garage. and 3 cars for all who live here. i leave my one car out and at night. they tear off wiper blades, looks like they stuck a pole and bent my muffler to the side. no longer sealing of-coarse. also broke open my gas door. i called the police and they took a phone report. now im even more pissed cause the lawman dont care.

i have guns , and may decise to use them out of stupidity. probably end up killing some 12 yo kid who was jealous of my car. hope their not your kids.

Last edited by spinn; 10-03-2008 at 08:36 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

I've often thought of taping razor blades at selected sites on an often vandalized car. Can't recommend something so barbaric like that which violates civil rights so severely though.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:52 AM
If it doesn't fit force it!

re: people messing with my car at night

Looks like you need a three car garage.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:53 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by willys36@aol.com
I've often thought of taping razor blades at selected sites on an often vandalized car. Can't recommend something so barbaric like that which violates civil rights so severely though.
yep, i'm sure the "little darlings" parents would sue you back to the stone age for injuring their child. Bastiges
Old 10-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Earplugs are in the glovebox

Last photo:

I have just a few suggestions for you. First, you could think about a car alarm, but you would have to get a really good one that has the different sensors on it (tilt, shock, glass break, ect). But they are kind of a pain in the you know where. If it happens often, you can purchase a fairly decent surveillance camera (I've seen a decent one for around $160) that uses a computer and its memory or records it on a CD. I've seen one and they are pretty slick. That way when it happens again, you can find out who the little B@$t@rds are.
Or you could figure out their pattern, stay up late and shoot one of them.....That would probably make them stop ! Just kidding on the last suggestion, don't do that one.
Also, the last easy suggestion, is your driveway lit at night? If not you should put a motion sensor or a regular on/off floodlight shinning on your car. You can even use energy star bulbs ($6.50 at Wally World) that are cheap to run.
I'll try to think of some more useful ideas.....Good luck keeping the punks from messing with your baby.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:19 AM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

Oh come on! this is easy.

Some bait like a fresh repair on what they damaged or something like cash or something of value on the front seat & a video camera.

If you don't want to stay up all night { I would} then get a tripod.

You can hook just about any video camera to a VCR so you can extend your recording pleasure.

Take one car & leave it somewhere else & set up in your garage! and "forget " to close the door.

Not only will you bust them for vandalism but trespass & grand theft.

Now that beats hunting a bambi any day.

Happy Hunting!

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 10-03-2008, 09:26 AM
I need a bucket of arc sparks

Last wiki edit: How to identify SB Ford heads without pulling them
Last journal entry: trunk floor
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Get so Habanero peppers, crush them up in a bowl. Then get some one dollar bills and soak them in the pepper juice. Whatever you do don't touch them with your bare hands or get it one you. Then put the bills somewhere those little juvenile delinquents can see them but don't make it too obvious. If the bills are missing in the morning somebody took them. All it will take is for them to touch those bills and that pepper juice will stay on their fingers for days, even if you wash them with soap and water. Once they touch their face, rub their eyes, or nose they will notice something is wrong, the burning will begin. This would be equivalent to get a face full of pepper spray. It won't permanently hurt them, and I doubt they will equate the bills with their burning eyes or noses.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:43 AM
World Class ASE tech

Last photo:

get a pitbull.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:52 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

yea

I called the sheriff about vandalism at my place. Car and truck windows broken .stuff stolen spray pain graffitte...etc… a neighbor kid said he knew one of the kids... the fuzz said I would just have more trouble if he tried to bust them... I told him to get out of here. My great grandpa trailed the outlaws 2 weeks that shot his deputy; he said no one would ever find where he buried them... I caught some older teenagers in the shop and they asked who I was’ “ I said I am the guy holding the gun.” One smart a--- said you will get in trouble if you shoot anyone… I told him my backhoe would dig a hole 18 feet deep. You won’t even stink down there. .. I asked if any one knew how to use a shot gun shell and close pin and a nail and piece of string to blow you foot off. I stretched some fish line around tied to the air horns on the big truck and to car batteries with a turn signal flasher and car horn. I slept in my camper behind the trees at the front gate and one night I heard some kids yell “Stop! I just ran into a fish line” No more problems with kids coming in at night..
Old 10-03-2008, 09:56 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

even hotter peppers

Theire are even hotter peppers. I think the guy that is living in the trailer.we have on the west farm has some yellow small ones in his garden he says are very hot.and don't have the pepper smell...
Old 10-03-2008, 10:51 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Habenero is the hottest Chilli pepper, but there are hotter peppers of other types

I know Cayan's are hotter than a Jalapeño and they do not smell at all.. they don't even taste like anything IMO. they are pure heat..
Old 10-03-2008, 11:09 AM
More dogs than bones

Last journal entry: This makes a huge difference
Last photo:

i hear peppers make a great insecticide for my garden.

the car has an alarm.

pitbull, no GF's a cat person.

a hidden, night vision camera might work. will the police do anything to kids ?

a subsonic .380HP will do the best job. if i use a shotgun it will wake the neightboors. getting shot is a great deterent. the wound might mellow them kids out...might even be a cure for ADHA.

just kidding , never shoot anybody.

Last edited by spinn; 10-03-2008 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:45 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

Well unfortunately you can not legally shoot someone over monetary items.

You have to be in imminent danger & in most states {not here! } must be able to prove you could not avoid the situation.

Here used to be that is I walked up on you stabbing your GF & immediately stoopid got up & walked away I could not shoot.

Now I can protect myself especially in my home no matter what.

Crime is down since the new laws!!

Plus they are stoopid kids & the pressure is on to do bigger & better pranks than prior generations.

I never vandalized anyones stuff but I did do some Lightly stoopid stuff not worth getting dead over .

Keep your head when dealing with Moorons.

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 10-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Last photo:

Here in Dallas they caught some guy who was keying Hummers. He had done about 30 of them in a couple of month period. After one guys Hummer got keyed he repaired it and install a motion activated camera. Sure enough, when it happened again it captured a very clear image which appeared in the Dallas Morning News. Several people recognized the jerk and turned him in. It was a 72 year old enviro wacko who said it was unfair for these people to have such a large carbon foot print . He was a member of Greenpeace and the Sierra club.....go figure.

Vince
Old 10-03-2008, 06:14 PM
you can never know to much

Last wiki edit: Practice page Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Just find out someway of running a electric current on the car...not sure how you could go about it, I'm sure after they touched it and it "bit" them they wouldn't do it again.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.