Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Perfect IRS for swaps?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 12:25 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Perfect IRS for swaps?

Hey guys,
So I was poking around my neighborhood pic-n-pull looking for treasures. I came upon a Independent rear suspension that could be the bees knees for swaps. They seem to be in 94-96 lincoln coupes. They are contained in their own little drop out frames and have coil springs so there are landings to make an easy airbag conversion. With exception to the upper shock mount they seem to be self contained in their drop out frame. Oh yes and they use a conventional driveshaft input,Have a common 5 lug hub, And dare i say.... Sweet modern disc brakes

Sorry that these are the best pics I could get the way the vehicle was positioned.

I know these are likely not nine inch strong but they are behind v-8s in big cars. So I cant imagine breaking them with the engines I use in a light weight car

Does anyone have any experience with these? Anything I need to look out for? I think its the clear winner for the rear suspension of my lakes modified project im starting to find donors for.

Thanks in advance for any input...experiences...warnings