Pete's rant about insurance company/steering and DRP's - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2013, 08:39 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,162 Times in 1,025 Posts
Insurance companies are as different as people, and then the people within the company allow even more variables. I have seen insurance people do the darndest things for claimants and insured alike. Things like a totaled car a few years ago where the insurance called to tell me it was a total. I told this HUMAN (not the insurance machine) that this person was heart broken the car totaled and I thought that it was a shame to do that to them being the car was so nice, just because it had a poor resale value, the customer who has kept it like new is hurting. Now mind you, this was AFTER it was said and done, they don't to backwards and I didn't expect it, I was just speaking my piece. The lady on the phone says, Oh,let me look into this. And called back the next day telling us to fix the car. It's like the DMV, I went in to register a 65 Skylark I had at the time. It had a salvage title and hadn't been registered in a few years. The woman does all the paperwork and hands me the new license plates in a envelope. I said "Please, please let me keep the original black and yellow plates, please". The plates were suppose to be replaced with new at that time (this was about 25 years ago) and this lady smiled and pulled the plates back and changed the numbers to reflect the old plates and that was it. Tell me what I would have gotten if I had acted like that guy in the video?

No, these people who go around acting like that may get something once in a while out of their rants to other humans, but MOST of the time they are getting their food spit in. That's a term I use for those sorts of people, when they talk down to a waiter and the food goes back in the kitchen because it isn't good enough for them, if you think that food isn't getting spit on, you are dreaming! Certainly not every time, but their food is getting spit on. I have a sister-in-law that I have sat at a table in a restaurant and watched her people with such disrespect I KNOW her food is being spit on, we are talking her plate is passed around the kitchen for everyone to spit on it, the bus boy, the dish washer, everyone is hocking a goob in her dinner. But she just doesn't get it. And the rest of the family always makes up for her with a bigger tip for the poor girl who has to put up with this crap.

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Car? Truck? Who Cares

Last journal entry: First week of December
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
No, these people who go around acting like that may get something once in a while out of their rants to other humans, but MOST of the time they are getting their food spit in. Brian

Exactly why I do not send anything back at a restaraunt.
Won't let them make me another meal either.

They can remove my plate and the charges and I will politely wait until the others finish their meal.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,162 Times in 1,025 Posts
I have very seldom would want to send it back, but if I do I treat the waiter/waitress with respect and they are going to back it up for me. At least that is what I am hoping. But like I said, that is a VERY rare occurrence as I LOVE food and it's most always going to be fine for me.

Brian
Old 04-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Insurance companies are as different as people, and then the people within the company allow even more variables. I have seen insurance people do the darndest things for claimants and insured alike. Things like a totaled car a few years ago where the insurance called to tell me it was a total. I told this HUMAN (not the insurance machine) that this person was heart broken the car totaled and I thought that it was a shame to do that to them being the car was so nice, just because it had a poor resale value, the customer who has kept it like new is hurting. Now mind you, this was AFTER it was said and done, they don't to backwards and I didn't expect it, I was just speaking my piece. The lady on the phone says, Oh,let me look into this. And called back the next day telling us to fix the car. It's like the DMV, I went in to register a 65 Skylark I had at the time. It had a salvage title and hadn't been registered in a few years. The woman does all the paperwork and hands me the new license plates in a envelope. I said "Please, please let me keep the original black and yellow plates, please". The plates were suppose to be replaced with new at that time (this was about 25 years ago) and this lady smiled and pulled the plates back and changed the numbers to reflect the old plates and that was it. Tell me what I would have gotten if I had acted like that guy in the video?

No, these people who go around acting like that may get something once in a while out of their rants to other humans, but MOST of the time they are getting their food spit in. That's a term I use for those sorts of people, when they talk down to a waiter and the food goes back in the kitchen because it isn't good enough for them, if you think that food isn't getting spit on, you are dreaming! Certainly not every time, but their food is getting spit on. I have a sister-in-law that I have sat at a table in a restaurant and watched her people with such disrespect I KNOW her food is being spit on, we are talking her plate is passed around the kitchen for everyone to spit on it, the bus boy, the dish washer, everyone is hocking a goob in her dinner. But she just doesn't get it. And the rest of the family always makes up for her with a bigger tip for the poor girl who has to put up with this crap.

Brian
It's all about people, and insurance company's are no different. I made a mistake on Monday that made me feel like a horse like animal with the first name Jack.

We don't celebrate Easter in a big way in our house but, this year I bought the wife, her son and even the Dog a chocolate Easter Bunny..(I know, don't feed a dog chocolate, I wouldn't and fully expected to eat it myself...It's the thought that counts right). Okay so, everybody thought the chocolate Easter Bunnies where cute and this past Sunday, I saw the dog's Easter Bunny beside my Wife's Easter Bunny and I ate the Dog's rabbit....just like I planned. Now the Dog got a smaller Bunny than my Wife and seeing that Easter had long come and gone, I thought what the Hell, I ate her's to. The next morning my Wife comes up to me and asked what happened to the Easter Bunny's...I was going to use the Dog ate my homework thing but, no thumbs and all, the Dog couldn't have opened the package so I fessed up.

Turns out she was going to make Rice Krispe Squares out of the Chocolate Bunnies. I told her not a problem, I'll run out and buy more Chocolate and this was Okay with her.

Now, my step son was fairly ill on Easter Sunday, 24 hour thing, had a few of those when I was his age, mostly self induced but having a 26 oz flu wasn't uncommon. So, I'm thinking, if I go into Wal-Mart and tel them that I want Easter Bunnies 2 weeks after Easter, they're gonna say that they are all out, or sorry they're packed away so I came up with a plan. I walked up to customer service and asked to speak to a manager. Out comes this gruff burly looking guy and I begin to tell him how my step-son was ill over the Easter weekend and now I need to get him some Easter Goodies to make a belated Easter for this young man. Wouldn't you know it, the manager jumps right on it, tells me to wait right where I am and he would be right back. This guy comes out with an Easter Basket full of toys, 3 Chocolate Easter Bunnies, a nest with Easter eggs in it...I mean this looked like one of those get well hampers you see on TV. My eyes are wide open as is my mouth and before I can say anything, the manager says "you just make sure that little tyke has an Easter, no charge".

I pleaded to let me pay for the stuff but he insisted that it was from Wal-Mart and they have families too. I felt like crap, I assumed that the staff at Wal-Mart was going to be lazy, push me off to the side and say sorry if I just wanted to buy Easter stuff and maybe they would have been but, I figured my sick step-son story (and not one word was a lie, it was the truth stretched a fair bit, but not a lie) might get me the chocolate. I went and bought $30 worth of canned food and put it in the Food Bank bin and learned a valuable lesson...it's Okay to eat the Dog's Chocolate Bunny but if you touch the Wife's Bunny, be prepared to be humiliated at Wal-Mart.

Really, it's all about about people, and no different than the insurance person giving the go ahead to fix the car, or the DMV lady with the license plate, the manager at Wal-Mart went up and above the call of duty for all the right reason, to help out a young lad that he thought missed out on Easter.

Sorry for the long rant but people can make a huge difference.

Ray
Old 04-25-2013, 09:15 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

wall mart used to hire old people and secretly put out life insurance policies on them and then collect when they died. You should never support wall mart, ever.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:13 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
wall mart used to hire old people and secretly put out life insurance policies on them and then collect when they died. You should never support wall mart, ever.
used to??? still do

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.