Pfaff 145 H3 questions - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2011, 01:15 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Pfaff 145 H3 questions

First off let me say that this forum has been the most informative in regards to industrial sewing machines that I have found on the net. And second....I'm not much of a car guy but since I haven't been able to find much info about a sewing machine I recently purchased, I figure you guys are probably my best bet. I went through some serious drama and ended up losing $500 in a bad transaction trying to acquire my dream machine.....a Consew 146rb with zig zag and walking foot. Since I lost that money and am rapidly approaching a deadline for some projects I have, I purchased a used Pfaff 145 H3 with the money I had left.

The machine came from a reputable business in Phoenix, but they are in Phoenix and I'm in El Paso. Nobody here wants to give anyone a deal and the guys in Phoenix have been helpful and picked out a decent machine for me considering what I paid for it. I have some questions about it and of course those guys are on vacation and this is crunch week for my projects.

I've mastered setting the timing as I've knocked it out of timing at least a dozen times. During this week of work, I've pretty much mastered the clutch motor which is ridiculously slow compared to the 3500 rpm motor I had on a non-walking foot singer.

My main question about the machine has to do with foot lift and needle position. Is this machine incapable of having the foot lift when the needle is down? This seems to be something necessary to make squared turns and I can't get this machine to do that. Is something broken with my lift mechanism? I know it doesn't have an extraordinarily high lift to begin with, but to have no lift when the needle is down is a pain.

I also tend to jam the thread up in the bobbin more than what seems appropriate. Twice now in the past week I've had to remove the 3 tiny screws holding the bobbin together to remove the lower bobbin case and get all the thread out from underneath. Is this standard operating procedure with this machine?

I've heard nothing but good things about Pfaffs except high parts costs. I'm starting to feel that this machine has some bad juju. If I can get all my stuff finished in a timely manner, I'll start doing projects for my friends and maybe I can make enough money to buy a speed reducer pulley or a servo.....both are the same price. Can you believe that?

Maybe despite the hiccups, this machine was in my destiny. I'm a former computer/electronic tech, a bike mechanic, and a physics teacher. I don't mind tinkering with stuff, but I'd rather spend my time making new products or riding my bike.

Here are some pics of some of the bags I've been making for bikepacking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB220054.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	463.3 KB
ID:	60103   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB220055.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	379.9 KB
ID:	60104   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB220056.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	355.5 KB
ID:	60105  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

With any sewing machine, home or industrial, you should be able to raise the foot with the needledown in the work to make a square corner. If your machine isn't doing that, there is something wrong.

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:31 PM

Last photo:

Figured it out

I found a manual online. It has instructions on adjusting the lift! Easy wing nut adjustment in the back. Amazing how much faster I was able to finish up a small bag with lots of turns.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

[QUOTE=rima11]sheepskin fur handbag leather messenger bag

This section use the imitation mink velvet fabric, soft colors, soft and smooth. Warm and lovely fluffy visual effects people to see put it down! Bows and hearts get together to sell shade, mix together all kinds of sweet little princess mind! Hanging in *********************************, the more relaxed atmosphere a hint! European and American style luxury real sheepskin fur handbag leather messenger bag. With a very typical winter sheepskin wool production, feel extremely soft and delicate, the amount of mulberry roxanne, very luxury model. Filled with the same soft and lightweight sheepskin feel rich, natural texture and delicate, matte texture of the leather material is formed with the sheep on the comparison, is luxury.

Hang on man !!!! the truck is coming to pick you up..

Last edited by OneMoreTime; 11-28-2011 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Advertising. Please see: commercial posting guidelines.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

I just loaded him up on the truck Randy.

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.