Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Pfaff 467R and Singer 211 Questions
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 05:04 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Pfaff 467R and Singer 211 Questions

I'm new here and to upholstery work. This is one of the best websites I have ever seen. I'm restoring a prewar BMW 327 Cabriolet and I will be attempting to make my own upholstery and top for this car, a first for me. Here's a link to my car: BMW 327 Cabriolet Restoration by Douglas Cygan

I have a Pfaff 467R that I bought a while ago, it's an industrial machine with a walking foot, but I cannot find the correct welting feet for it. I found ones for a Pfaff 467 (not the "R" model), but they don't fit, they're too long, and the mounting slot is too narrow so it doesn't fit the presser bar. I then tried to modify one of the new ones so I widened the mounting slot, cut the length down to size and re-welded it providing the correct alignment and offset. Now the modified foot works fine, but the walking foot presents a problem, it's located directly behind the needle and because it's not offset it interferes with the cording/welting. Does the walking foot need to be removed to allow cording/welting to be made on the 467R?

Also, I recently bought a Singer 211G155, which unfortunately doesn't have a reverse, but it was only $100 so I wasn't too concerned. The problem I have with this machine is that I can't change the stitch length. I depressed the button on the bed and turned the pulley until the button engaged, but with it engaged the wheel will not turn at all to allow me to change the stitch length. I don't want to force it to turn so I'm wondering if I'm missing a step or is there something wrong?

Being somewhat new to upholstery work and sewing I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions.

Cheers,
Doug