Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Pfaff 467R and Singer 211 Questions
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 07:02 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

I learned how to sew on a Pfaff 1245, and none of those feet are welt feet. In the first picture, the piece in the middle and the piece to the right look like they may be a part of a zipper foot or cording foot, one left and one right, but I don't know for sure. The piece on the left side is part of a hinged cording or zipper foot. The picture in the middle is of a presser foot, which is flat on the bottom. I think you are confused by the term "cording foot". A cording foot isn't used with welt cord, and does not do the same thing a welt foot does. A welt foot is hollowed out both on the left side of the middle part of the foot, and on the right side of the large part of the foot to guide the welt cord inside the fabric through the sewing machine.
Here are pictures of two welt feet. The one with the bigger groove that goes the entire length of the bottom of the larger part is a 3/8" welt foot, and the other one is a 1/4" welt foot that would be used for most auto upholstery. The 1/4" foot has a cut out at the rear to be able to turn 90 degree corners easier. I have welt feet that go from 3/16" up to 3/4".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1408.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	68138   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1407.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	68139  

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.

Last edited by DanTwoLakes; 09-27-2012 at 07:24 AM.