Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Pfaff 467R and Singer 211 Questions
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 06:30 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I too am realizing that it's not likely that I'll find any feet for the Pfaff so I suppose I'll have to make my own.

I've been fiddling with the Singer, but I still can't get the hand wheel to turn to change the thread length. There's a lot of lint buildup that I've removed and it seems like there's a lot of metal particles in it, thus implying that it's been used to some extent without lubrication. Also, I backed off on the presser foot spring pressure so the foot has less impact when operating, but it seems like there's still too much pressure. When in operation the vibration is so great that the entire machine and table shake violently. The foot also leaves waffled marks in the material and that too implies there's too much pressure. Is there another spring that I need to relieve the tension? I also believe that the throat plate may not be the correct one for this machine as it creates a raised platform, about 1/16" higher than the adjacent bed-slides. Any thoughts?