Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Photo Chopping and Lowering for fun
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Ford Man to the bone!!!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul wallace
great work mate,how do u do it?i dont know much about computers.
I open the image in Paint.
Increase the dimensions to be twice the hight.
Copy original then paste that copy down below so I have the original and a copy on the same image.
If I desire different tires/wheels I find an image from the same angle and copy just the tire/wheel and paste it about where they belong on the top image. You can resize them pretty easy before pasting them by placing your mouse right in the corner of the section you are pasting.
Then using the "Free Form Select" tool in the upper left of the tools, and select the bottom option on the left. I use my mouse to select the fender well opening on the lower image and be sure to cross a few points where it will help you line up the copied section. And then paste it on the top image.

I use the smudge tool in Microsoft Photo Editor to clean up the picture if needed.
When done I will select just the top image and crop it out.

To do a chop I do the same thing and then just copy and paste sections of the roof until I get the smooth desired chop.

Hint 1: Get a few measurements of the car and mark them on a black and white printout. You can use these points as references. This helps a lot on getting the tire/wheels the right size.

Hint 2: You can use Ms Photo Editor to Rotate the image if you want to change the stance. 1 degree or -359 degrees is usually enough depending on which way the car is facing.

Here is some of my latest work on my own 69 F100.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	test2.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	21107