Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - photos from start to finish
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 12:59 PM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

AKM....if you are still around PM me and I will hold your hand through this difficult process. LOL!! BTW, if you have the pics saved as a bitmap (bmp) they will take forever to load then will be too large. You have to save them as a JPG file. Forget the PM, I'll try to walk you thru it here. First off make a folder on your desktop. To do that shrink the Hotrodders screen to half size. To do that click the double square between the - and the X in the upper right hand corner. Now using the mouse, RIGHT CLICK on your desktop. Then click on NEW. Then click on FOLDER. Now name this folder "Pics to Upload". Now enlarge the HotRodders screen to full size by clicking on the square again. Also here is a little tip...if the screen is not maximized just double click the title bar at the very top and it will maximize. OK hold on now here we go. If your pics are not a JPEG here is what to do....

1. Open up Microsoft Paint

2.FILE, OPEN, then at the bottom where it says FILES OF TYPE click on ALL FILES.

3. Double click on the picture.

4 Then FILE, SAVE AS, Save in (scroll thru until you find Pics to Upload) and Save as Type- JPEG File Interchange Format (*.jpg *.jpeg)

Do this for any pic that is not a JPEG. Note that after the first pic you save the others that you click SAVE AS will default to your folder. Just make sure they are JPEG.

Now to Upload Photos

1. Go to the Photo Album

2. Right above the Recent Post pics look to the right where it says UPLOAD PHOTOS and click on that.

3. When that window pops up look to where it says Photo to upload: and click on Browse.

4. When the Choose File window pops up...where it says look in...click on that until you find DESKTOP and click on that, then find the folder PICS TO UPLOAD and click on that.

5. Double click on the pic you want to upload. This should now go back to the Browse and should say C:\ and the name of the pic

6.Now scroll down a little bit and hit UPLOAD/SUBMIT

7. You should now be good to go.

If you have any other questions let me know and I'll see if I can simplify some more. Good luck.

Kevin

Kevin

Last edited by Kevin45; 11-05-2003 at 01:47 PM.