Hot Rod Forum banner

photoshop

4K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  jgh64pkup 
#1 ·
i would like to photoshop a picture of my truck and put weld draglite wheels on it before i go and buy them to see if i like them but i dont know how to do it
ive posted a pic of my truck, any help would be great,thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
See guys, you just try, believe me, no ones laughing cause they all want to do it also but seem leary to start thinking it will take ages when it comes to most real quick. Keep it going, these are good examples since jgh64pkup would like to see a rendering of his own truck,looking at others is fine but there's always something "different" about someone elses car or truck.

#20 ·
Wow, I missed this one, not bad adding the stripe, just seems to be "what color" is all. Seems Yenko liked to add a dark stripe to light colors and a white stripe to them at a small percentage. There's also two different stripe designs for certain cars, the Chevelle, Camaros and Nova's all had stripes a little different.

I'd sharpen the stripe in the front tip since it would be somewhat custom and not a real yenko stripe since the big rounded front start of the stripe makes it look kinda lumpy or loud.

#22 ·
jgh64pkup said:
do they make steel cowl hoods for my truck or should i buy a fiberglass one
I believe they do, I would check LMC Truck. They sell all kinds of gm truck parts. I have a 68 and they make a steel cowl for it. (I know they're different body styles, but since they make one for one year, why not another?) It would look cool.

By the way Only Racing- Nice work on the truck bro.

#24 ·
Only Racing said:
Figured I had a couple hours to kill and gave this a shot, don't think it's the right color but I can never get that bronze right for some reason.

That's a super hard color to hit for some reason. I've played around with it quite a bit because it's the color I'm going to paint a car I'm restoring. It's hard on the browns and yellows with orange and red used more as secondary colors. It has a lot of iridescent tones to it.

#25 ·
Doodler said:
That's a super hard color to hit for some reason. I've played around with it quite a bit because it's the color I'm going to paint a car I'm restoring. It's hard on the browns and yellows with orange and red used more as secondary colors. It has a lot of iridescent tones to it.
I found that out too Doodler. I have made my own gradient fills for bronze but some are either too brown or too red once applied. I know what color you're talking about too but the photo of the truck at first really didn't show much since it was a very low resolution picture and very noisy. I tried to think about the standard Corvette Bronze but couldn't duplicate it at all. Maybe time to work on my graidents and blending with the air brushes, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.