Hot Rod Forum banner

Physics Final

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  killerformula 
#1 ·
Some questions that are giving me a tough time, some should be easy, im almost done these are just the stragglers. Thanks for help in advance.

#10.13 An energy storage system based on a flywheel (a rotating disk) can store a maximum of 4.1 MJ when the flywheel is rotating at 1.1×10^4 revolutions per minute. What is the moment of inertia of the flywheel? In kg*m^2

#12.22 0.88 mol of argon gas is admitted to an evacuated 30 cm^3 container at 40 degrees C . The gas then undergoes an isochoric heating to a temperature of 400 degrees C.What is the final pressure of the gas?
In kpa

#15.13 The motion detector used in a physics lab sends and receives 42 khz ultrasonic pulses. A pulse goes out, reflects off the object being measured, and returns to the detector. The lab temperature is 20 degrees C.

a.What is the wavelength of the waves emitted by the motion detector? I figured this out it was 8.2mm

B.How long does it take for a pulse that reflects off an object 2.2 M away to make a round trip? In ms

Im pretty much counting on these questions to pass this class, this is what i couldnt figure out from the final exam, it would be greatly appreciated if you could help me. Im off to my econ exam, this exam is do tonight at 11 on mastering physics, thanks for the help!!

See less See more
#3 ·
No thats not what i wanted at all, just some help figuring them out, maybe a process! Deffiently not the answer. I like to learn how to do something, not skate by! I did not mean it to sound like that at all, but just wanted someone to help me soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.