Hot Rod Forum banner

pics of my 30 coupe

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  speedydeedy 
#1 ·
I've had this car for years. Bought it in the summer of 1971. During the next year and a half built it into a rod. Originally had a 65 hi-po 289, top loader 4-speed, 9" rear, 2 1/2" dropped axle. In the fall of 73 life kinda got in the way so the car got pushed in the corner of the shop. There it sat untill last summer. Then a buddy acquired a nice barn find 32 Ford 5 window which put a bug in my behind to put the A back on the road. It now has a 64 289, 85 Ford PU top shift top loader overdrive 4-speed, open drive banjo rear from a 46 Ford PU.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
The K motor is long gone, the trans got taken apart to repair the one in my 56 T-Bird after I broke it, the 9" housing is on a rack here by the shop and the 3.56 gears are also in my 56 Bird.
Adding some pics. Hope they turn out larger.

Attachments

#9 ·
I don't plan on chopping the top. I have a 4" dropped axle to replace the 2 1/2" that's in it now. And for the rear I plan to do some work on the spring to drop it about 2". New tires are in the near future also. I kinda like stock height tops unless it is channeled with no fenders.

#12 ·
Chevrolet4x4s said:
Nice Coupe.........Centerline..are you feeling ok?...you did notice that the sparkplugs cont go through the valve pans didnt you?

Shane
Although my personal choice is the early hemi, my choice for street rods is anything but a small block Chevy. There are just way too many of them out there and although you can't argue why people use them, when every one you see is powered by the venerable SBC they become pretty boring. Anything different is GOOD! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.