Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hot Rod Art (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hot-rod-art/)
-   -   pics of my 69 Impala (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/pics-my-69-impala-88864.html)

1eyedjak 05-08-2006 06:52 PM

pics of my 69 Impala
 
I haven't posted on here in awhile because I haven't really had anything to contribute. Any way I took some pics of my Impala and played around with them on my computer and thought they looked kinda cool. I'm even thinking about framing the red one and putting it up on the wall.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ala/imp3v2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ala/imp2v2.jpg[/IMG]

1eyedjak 05-11-2006 02:43 PM

aww cmon - 27 veiws and no comments? tell me it's purty or it sucks or something! I can take it!

home brew 05-11-2006 05:44 PM

pics of my 69 Impala
 
Not trying to flame you but you asked. The base pictures you originally started with are not that great. It is therefore hard to modify those pictures and come up with great art. The backgrounded in both pictures is distracting and doesn't allow the eye to flow smoothly across the car. Your idea to tint the pics is good but you started with poor photos. Take some more pictures of the Impala and try to fill the frame with the car and keep out as much of the background as you can. As well use a telephoto lens if you have one as it will make the background go out of focus. If you want to use the wide angle lens you will have to place the car were there is virtually nothing in the background. Keep working with the placement of your car and use various lenses and angles for your images. Try laying on the ground or climbing on a stepladder to eliminate background clutter. Good luck and keep on developing your style.

steve t 05-11-2006 06:01 PM

car looks great, but you need to be in open space with no trash can :D

Sandflea427SS 05-11-2006 06:11 PM

sorry dude.... it's good to keep on us guys...
I have a 69 SS427 Impala... So I'm biased...
I love these cars and could look at pictures all day...
Keep it up...
I'll look at everything Impish you got....

1eyedjak 05-12-2006 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by home brew
Not trying to flame you but you asked. The base pictures you originally started with are not that great. It is therefore hard to modify those pictures and come up with great art. The backgrounded in both pictures is distracting and doesn't allow the eye to flow smoothly across the car. Your idea to tint the pics is good but you started with poor photos. Take some more pictures of the Impala and try to fill the frame with the car and keep out as much of the background as you can. As well use a telephoto lens if you have one as it will make the background go out of focus. If you want to use the wide angle lens you will have to place the car were there is virtually nothing in the background. Keep working with the placement of your car and use various lenses and angles for your images. Try laying on the ground or climbing on a stepladder to eliminate background clutter. Good luck and keep on developing your style.

right on, thanks for the tips - and don't you worry about my little ol feelings, I just appreciate the feedback. I know I gotta work on it. I rushed these pics because it was getting dark. Also, I didn't really have a good place to take em without getting bad background clutter. (Trash can!!). These are the first pictures I've taken of my car, so next time I will definitely be putting more time into it. thanks again

1eyedjak 05-12-2006 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandflea427SS
sorry dude.... it's good to keep on us guys...
I have a 69 SS427 Impala... So I'm biased...
I love these cars and could look at pictures all day...
Keep it up...
I'll look at everything Impish you got....

I got some pics of it in my profile photo album. that 427 must be nice. I got a 396 and it aint bad at all! glad someone else likes em, most of my buddies are into older Fords

69imp 10-11-2007 04:11 PM

[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...EEZYUBEEZY.jpg[/IMG] dose any one have tips/experence with phantom grills?i wanna put one on my 69 any tip would be helpfull, thanks

Kevin45 10-12-2007 08:08 AM

The last pic isn't too bad but the glare from the license plate really distracts.

Kevin

69imp 10-12-2007 04:39 PM

dont want people to see my plate#, its a diffrent impala too, just same color.

Kevin45 10-12-2007 05:50 PM

Quote:

dont want people to see my plate#
So, do you like cover it up when you are driving down the road also? I just don't understand the concept of that. Do you think they are going to ssteal it if they see your plate online but not steal it if they see it in person? And do you realize how many times your ride is caught on camera every time you drive it? Not nitpicking but if you post a pic of your ride you need to turn off the floodlight on the front bumper.

Kevin

69imp 10-14-2007 01:10 AM

wow ur a hater .
im not in a photo contest here i wanted some help with a phantom grille.
i think i in the wrong post, didnt realize this a a critique.

ChevelleSS_LS6 10-14-2007 01:52 AM

land yachts are sweet :thumbup:

I love my grandpa's 79 Fleetwood D'Elegance. 472 cubic inches :thumbup: sadly pitiful EPA compliant ~170? :( horsepower.

malc 10-14-2007 02:02 AM

A few photography tips.

Edit: Just remembered we got this on site.

Kevin45 10-14-2007 05:16 AM

Quote:

wow ur a hater .im not in a photo contest here i wanted some help with a phantom grille.
i think i in the wrong post, didnt realize this a a critique.
Quote:

Any way I took some pics of my Impala and played around with them on my computer and thought they looked kinda cool. I'm even thinking about framing the red one and putting it up on the wall.
Quote:

aww cmon - 27 veiws and no comments? tell me it's purty or it sucks or something! I can take it!
Not a hater. Just answering what you asked for. I'd like to see a pic without all the glitz and glamour added. And without the 500w halogen floodlight on the front bumper :D


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.