Hot Rod Forum banner

pics of my new twin turbo 427

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  dirtracer21inc 
#1 ·
here is a pic of my twin turbo 427.... well after a month and $5500.00 its done. A chevy 427 forged rotating assembly, all ARP bolts and fasteners, Moroso Blueprinted oil pump, JE blower pistons custom milled for 8:5 compression, Comp turbo cam, Comp roller rockers, GM performance Aluminium heads with Inconel high performance valves, Edelbrock performer intake, Canton Oil Pan, comp timing chain, mallory distributor...all I have to do is get new valve covers a MSD BMT box, and set the exhaust and wastegates up and its ready to run...its going in my 1968 firebird

http://www.thestallions.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=5926&

#2 ·
Wow ,awesome work ratfink , fabulous looking engine . What's the estimated HP ? .

There used to be a guy here that ran a twin turbo set up on a 454 in a 68 Camaro , was running easy 10's and that was 20 years ago . It was strange watching him burnout and make his pass in relative silence , all you could hear was the tyres and the whistle from the turbos .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you remember Tony Gransden from American Autoparts malc ?

#8 ·
well Im not sure of the HP but a 454 with 15lbs of boost will make around 1200hp and I am running 12lbs of boost so I figure around 900-1000hp with water injection. Its going in my 1968 pontiac firebird with a turbo 350 that I am building for it....with 29x12.5 ET street slicks I hope to run low 10s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.