Pictures of project - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2004, 10:08 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Pictures of project

I have uploaded some pics of the Ford Starliner im wanting to restore,you will find them in my gallery. these are for me to reference back to as i progress. thought you all might want to see what im going to be working on. Give some thoughts,im always up for sugestions.

Should i worry about the trunk bottom and under the back seat as far as what i weld in? i thought about just fixing the rust with sheet metal and moving along since those areas will be covered up and unseen. of course i will be doing as neat a job as possible,but finding pans is turning into a real job.
Also this car has a real thick layer of undercoating on it,i would really like to remove it,any good way of doing this other than pure old manual labor scraping?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2004, 01:35 AM
... & Insanity Ensues .....

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

nice ride man, should look sweet when its done

best bet for floorpan on a car that isnt being restored concours is to hit the junkyard and gut a nice clean floor out of something ay newer and weld it in, doing this is way cheaper then replacement floors and the stamped lines in the panel give the floor WAY more strength too

easiest way to strip undercoating is to get the floor hot w/ a torch and scrape the coating free ... goes alot faster then just using elbow grease alone

later

Nick
Old 03-08-2004, 08:59 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Nice Ride

You are going to like that ride when done. Just saw a finished one here in Temecula, CA. NICE. Find sheet metal place and get 4' X 4' 18 Gage sheets. You can roll them using cinder blocks and the drive shaft as a big rolling pin. I just did the entire front floor pan in mine and drivers toe board. It took me 6 weeks. EastWood www.eastwoodcompany.com has several hand tools that are great for you project. They also have a spray for removing the undercoating. I just used it on my 52 sedan and it works great.

hr41pearl

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.