Hot Rod Forum banner

Pigeon Forge, Tenn. car shows ...

10K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  John long 
#1 ·
Just wondering about the Car Shows in Pigeon Forge, Tenn. I've been to some there years ago but don't remember which one or what time of year it was. They have one in April and one in Sept. but it's been so long ago I was at one wondering if it is still a nice show or is it weak and lame. Wondering which one of the 2 are the best to go to now a days. Thanks for your input. Darrellv67@gmail.com

#2 ·
It actually depends on your taste in automobiles :D

The two most popular are in September. The Shades of the Past is the oldest.

It was originally a pre 49 vechicle event BUT now allows up to 1972 vechicles :rolleyes: It is the event I always go to.

The other event is the Grand Run. Fashsioned after the Shades of the Past but has no year restrictions that I am aware of.

The SHADES OF THE PAST event has way more resistered vehicles than the The Grand Run ... but the town is full of cars both weekends. The Shades event ... has more of the 30's, 40's amd 50' where the Grand Run is more Camaro, Mustang and Chevelle type vehicles.

I have been to both in the same year ( they are 1 week apart ). But for the past 4 or 5 years ... I just go the the Shades.

Disclaimer :
I have been to all 30 of the Shades events ... because I have 32 Fords.
SO ... I may be biased.

#3 ·
Deuce, thanks for your help. After looking at the PF show web site. And after learning more about the shows from you. I believe I went to the show in April which must have been the Rod Run. Sounds like maybe now they have a Rod Run in April and in Sept.

#4 ·
Darrelly, the Grand Run has held 2 events each summer for years. Both spring and fall. There are rods at the Grand Run shows but more muscle cars. The Shades of the Past shows have gone on for 30 + years also. Always the weekend after Labor Day. I, like Duece, go to the Shades run every year and have not been to a Grand Run for years. I do have friends though that would not miss one.

Joun L

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.