Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Pimp my Garage
Thread: Pimp my Garage
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 05:43 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

A couple suggestions I would like to make: First, don't use high gloss paint. The reflected glare can be bothersome. Use a semi-gloss or satin, it will still be a durable surface and reflect light, but without the glare. Consider a slightly off-white shade as well, it is less fatigueing to the eyes.
Think about some kind of sheild you can put between your bench and the car. It can really make you vomit when you put down the grinder and turn around to see a hundred still smoking spark burns in your paint and interior.
Yeah, lots and lots of lights. I live in Colorado, it gets cold enough here that fluorescents don't work till the garage warms up, so I also put in a few incandescent light bulbs, with sheilds. I come in, flip on the bulbs, fire up the wood stove, and in a few minutes I can turn on the fluorescents. Plus the combination of the two at the same time, I have noticed, is also easier on the eyes than just fluorescents alone.
I have some other things I've come up with which I'll post on the "Whatjyamake" thread, but I don't have time right now........
John