Last summer I asked my oldest son if I could borrow his little Craftsman tiller and he said yes but the last time he tried to start it, it wouldn't start. So I said no problem and went and picked it up. Well, obviously someone or several someones had been trying to crank it with no luck and in the process, they had the fuel lines wrong, lost the throttle linkage and left the "old" 2 cycle gas in the tank.
Well, I worked with it but couldn't get it started so he said to just junk it and he would buy another next Spring so I just stuck it in the corner of my mini-shop and he thinks it became part of the County Landfill.
After looking at it for a couple of weeks, I decided to see if I could find a kit for the Tillotson diaphram carb and after some emails their home office in Ireland I learned enuff to order a kit. Got the kit, installed it and it cranked but the throttle wouldn't work so after some "redneck fabrication" with a straightened out paper clip I got it to where it cranks on the first pull, idles great and runs great under throttle.
Then I decided to give him his fixed Tiller back as a Christmas gift but I wanted to do a few things to it first. I guess you could call this Customized Craftsman Old Skool Pimping. He's got a great sense of humor and should get a real kick outa this. A new one would run him about $300+.