Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Pinging on cruise part throttle acceleration?
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 09:58 AM
my KARMA ran over my DOGMA

Last journal entry: SS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle86
It's been higher. I've ran 22 initial and 36 total before with good results. That was in the winter though, during this heat, I've been having to run around 19 initial and 36 total. What happened was I got bad gas a couple weeks ago and had to back off the timing 4 degrees to stay out of destination in this 90 degree weather. I figured I would just leave it at 15/32 for street driving in case it happens again.

I did have to idle up the screw to compensate for the lost rpm. I've been contemplating on pulling off the carb and using the secondry throttle blade adjustment to let more air in at idle. Never messed with that before tho.
you could try using manifold vacuum instead of ported, this would add the extra timing at idle lost by backing down the base timing then you can back down the idle screw so as not to expose the transfer slots too much. Again this is were an adjustable can comes into play as well cause you can tinker with how much advance is added at idle by the vacuum can.