Pinks "All Out" - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2007, 06:23 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Pinks "All Out"

I caught the new Pinks All Out and must say it was awesome! Even my wife watched it and enjoyed it. No more drama and whining and fighting and cheating.

They had atleast 200 cars show up and ended up running all the 9.5-10 second cars. Each winner got a grand. Then they began pairing up the winners and they could put up any amount of the grand against the next race. Last one standing took home the grand prize of 10 grand and a new full Napa tool box.

The cars were awesome and so was the racing. Most of the guys were older, most past 50! I sure hope this replaces the pathetic show that it used to be! LOL

Mark

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2007, 08:21 PM
mostly confused

Last journal entry:
Last photo:

What time is it on?? I'll have to check it out. I liked the original show at first then it got really bad with the whining and sand bagging like you said and I lost interest. I like to see a good ole Balls to the wall race,run what cha brung. Brian
Old 07-21-2007, 10:16 PM

Last photo:

You could probably find more showings on the speed channel web site.

Mark
Old 07-22-2007, 06:45 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I like this version of the show, I caught one the other night, The left lane was terrible, no whining was done or very little griping. At 2:30 in the morning the left lane was a loser lane, they put it to a vote to run the final 4 cars, the 17 yr. old kid wanted to continue, the other 3 wanted to divvy the 10 grand 4 ways and call it a night. They won, then voted to give the kid the tool box because he was young and could use them to start his own tool set, voted to continue, and he was a nice kid. Too Cool! Sportsmanship at it's finest, I loved it and will probably continue watchig the all out version as long as they don't dramatize it. The other version? A 5 minute show stretched out waaaaay too long with petty drama that would put most folks I know into a fistfight. Dan
Old 07-22-2007, 07:13 AM

Last journal entry: A few ongoing projects
Last photo:

Yeah, I saw that one too dinger. Usually I get tired of watching this show after about 15 minuets, but this one was great. For once I think they actually really caught what the true spirit of the sport is about.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

One of my customers ran in the event held at Maple Grove. He was in the 10.50 class but they picked the 9.50 class for all the money. The Maple Grove race will be on in early August. We're hoping to get some face time with the car as he says the cameras spent allot of time shooting his car.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:46 PM
im on a highway to hell

Last journal entry: new wheels and seats
Last photo:

i've seen a few episodes and i think it was a great show all racing no bickering.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:32 PM
I am the Chevelle Man!

Last journal entry: Grill Support
Last photo:

there was one up at bristol dragway this past weekend, does anyone know when/if it will be airing??
Old 07-24-2007, 02:40 PM

Last journal entry: Free tires
Last photo:

I watch Pinks All Out every time it's on, the races look to really enjoy themselves as most are bracket racers and for most of them it's the first time at running heads up all out. Hit the brakes or let up and your out in qualifying, let up in the race and you'll get beat.
I never watch the regular Pinks anymore, to much made up drama.

One other thing though. With the popularity of this format I'd think some cable network would start showing Sportsman classes from the drag races. The typical TF, FC and PS gets done but they're are a lot of classes running the same track that weekend. Tape it and sell the tape to someone.
Our local station shows HS football sometimes, they even show games from last year??? why not some taped and formatted current drag racing? How many people watch last years HS football game?
Old 07-24-2007, 06:06 PM
Perfectionist Procrastinator

Last journal entry: Moving along
Last photo:

Do they use the tree and timing system in this version? I channel surfed to this show a couple of times, but saw the name "Pinks" and didn't hang around long enough to notice.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

I seen about 10 minutes of the regular show few days back and it was typical bickering and dramatized episode. A early 70`s Camaro against a early 80`s Malibu and the Malibu kept taking him as the camaro wouldn`t hook up really making it no contest. I noticed the camaro had a full interior, the malibu had a stripped interior. These 2 cars were really in different classes, the camaro had to weight far more, and these cars were never flyweights. The malibu was taking the camaro by 4 car lenths every time, but you could tell when you watched on the upper end neither one had there foot all the way in it. The guy in the camaro knew he was out powered and knew he didn`t have a chance if the car didn`t hook but as usual, he looked just fine with it, not nervous at all he was "about to lose his car"
I haven`t seen the all out episode yet, but it sounds good compared to the regular show.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:35 AM

Last photo:

Caught a different episode of the all out racing last night. Very well done and a blast to watch. I hope they stay with this venue!

Mark
Old 08-13-2007, 06:49 PM
T-Bucket, Corvette, Mustang

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Launch Hour - Speed TV

Rich C (the host of the Pinks series) is apparently trying to develop and sell another series to Speed TV called Launch Hour. Saw it for the first time last night. As I understand it, it is a series of shows or themes that could eventually become their own series.

Last night they had a panel of 3 guys guessing what a car would do in the quarter. The guy who had the closest guess would win cash. I was bored after the third run.

The second part of the show had a contest to see which car could 'outlive' the other after a series of quarter-mile passes. The host (Clay Milican) in this episode dictated that there would 24, yes, 24 heads-up passes by these two cars and the last one standing won. Number of wins in those 24 didn't mean anything. When the cars wouldn't break, he would have them perform exceedingly long burnouts, hold the trans-brakes for excessive periods, etc. Sounds like dog fighting to me. I'm surprised Clay would be involved in such a whacky premise. He should run from this as fast as his top fuel car can take him.

My vote is to keep 'All Out' and scrap everything else.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.