Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Pinstriping
Thread: Pinstriping
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 09:05 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

tools of the trade....

I bought a bugaler (sp?) pinstriping tool....its a tube with a wheel on one end....you fill it with about a 1/4 ounce of one shot paint and draw away....I paid about $100 for the whole kit with special guides to keep spacing to edges right and more....I practice with testors model paint on a book of notebook paper or art book...After a evening of playing you will feel like a pinstriping god....most of all the steady hand is not as important and the wheels always put down a steady width line. at the end of a run if you angle the wheel up on its side you can taper off the line to a skinny...Its the perfect tool for outlining flames...I just laid out my first flame job on a 28' Chevy pickup a few weeks ago and its sweet looking now...
A local pinstriper kept putting this guy off and he really wanted to get his flames laid out....Well I do chemical sales and stopped by this shop that was going to spray them once they were laid out...I said "I can draw flames, I do it all the time on paper" He said "Do it" so I used a china pencil and laid out the flames, The painter masked it and then another pro-pinstriper outlined them in lime green....they look killer now and the Pro guy said I did a awesome job for my first layout on a actual car. The pickup was at a show memorial weekend and tons of people loved the flame job...I may get into this alot more now since I enjoyed it so much.