piston to crank install - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2003, 12:03 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

piston to crank install

I didnt know installing #1 piston to the #1 cyllinder boar was this hard.. its really really gayish.. but ill keep tring.. just aggravated..

Nos

Advertisement
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2003, 12:07 AM
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS

Why is it so hard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2003, 01:44 AM

Last photo:

Because i nore anyone who is helping me..listens what i have to say.. and mess up my ****.. tonight we were installing the piston rings on the piston.. and my ******* friend who thinks he knows everything.. ****s up.. and breaks one.. so then i go down to the local auto parts store.. and had tp BUY a WHOLE DARN SET of piston rings when all i needed was 1 damn ring..

then it turns out that when we get the rings compressed and try to get them into the block.. it stops half way.. and they try to force it into the block.. when i say.. dont were just gonna mess something up.. then it turns out thers a few scratches on my crank kuz of them NOT LISTENING TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY..

there trying to say that them damn scratches arent bad.. ****.. they look bad.. scratches arent supposed to be where the crank meets the piston rod..

If it didnt come out of there damn pocket.. they dont care if they **** something up..

Sorry just had to vent..!..

BAD NIGHT

tomorrow im gonna call the machine shop and see if they can install the rest of it for me.. and they can just keep the block till i pay an arm and a leg in payments which wont be for a while because im loosing my job in like 2 weeks... because there slow and in debt

Nos
Old 09-18-2003, 04:11 AM

Last photo:

Tables have turned..

The tables have turned.. turnes out.. the auto parts store gave us the wrong pistoon rings.. Daym them.. now tomorrow were gonna go out and see if we can get the 1 ring we need for the block..

there will be pics up shortly.. but by then.. we got all pistins in all cyllinders except the #8 cyllinder..

actually tonight got better.. later guys..

Nos
Old 09-18-2003, 09:14 AM
Race it, Don't rice it!

Last photo:

Grab your friend, with with one hand and hold on to his bottom jaw like a fish while you build all the anger energy you can dredge from the past life and tell him you don't want him touching you stuff any more. If he doesn't listen, or even looks like he's not listening, then gouge you thumb into his eye. The repeat until he begins to beg for your mercy. Let go of his bottom jaw and immediately punch him in the throat, If you can't breath then you can't fight back. If he try's to run, then cut the tendon's in the back of he's knees with a shop knife. If he still doesn't get it, Drill holes through his front teeth exposing the nerves and thread piano wire through them till you you have enough to tie it off to something, then shove him into a box and feed him one peanut butter and jelly sandwich per day until you can arrange all you COOL friends to come over and poke him with sticks till he cry's. After that, Just tell him not to come over any more. Tearing up your stuff isn't very cool.
Old 09-18-2003, 10:05 AM
Rebuilding AGAIN!!!!

Last photo:

You probably wouldn't have had that problem if you would have gapped your rings in the cylinders before installing the pistons into the block. I had a friend who destroyed a $5000 motor about 10 years ago because he didn't check the gap on his rings before installing them. It's a very simple process to check them for gap and gap them if necessary.

Just chalk it up as part of the learning process. It happens.

I doubt that this will help, but I'll give you a little run down on piston installs. And I'm sure that someone will have some edits to what I write & this is probably the wrong forum also.

1. Install rings on Pistons.
2. I like to orient the gaps on the rings about 180 degrees apart so all the gaps aren't lined up in a row.
3. Put ring compressor on piston.
4. It doesn't hurt to take some old rubber tubing and put it on the rod bolts so that they don't scratch your bores or your crank.
5. Make sure that the rods are oriented in the right direction.
6. Put Piston in block, take wooden hammer handle and tap piston into cylinder. When the piston is all the way into the bore the ring compressor will come free.

Last edited by jamnut; 09-18-2003 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:26 PM
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS

Quote:
Originally posted by johnsongrass1
Grab your friend, with with one hand and hold on to his bottom jaw like a fish while you build all the anger energy you can dredge from the past life and tell him you don't want him touching you stuff any more. If he doesn't listen, or even looks like he's not listening, then gouge you thumb into his eye. The repeat until he begins to beg for your mercy. Let go of his bottom jaw and immediately punch him in the throat, If you can't breath then you can't fight back. If he try's to run, then cut the tendon's in the back of he's knees with a shop knife. If he still doesn't get it, Drill holes through his front teeth exposing the nerves and thread piano wire through them till you you have enough to tie it off to something, then shove him into a box and feed him one peanut butter and jelly sandwich per day until you can arrange all you COOL friends to come over and poke him with sticks till he cry's. After that, Just tell him not to come over any more. Tearing up your stuff isn't very cool.

Damn bubba, you don't play around do ya'?

That beats gripping thier nostrils with needlenose pliers and leading them all over the garage all to he!!.
Old 09-18-2003, 02:02 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

JohnsonGrass and Jamnut

speak with wisdom beyond their years.
do what they said.
and don't forget the good old "swift kick to the nuts". that maneuver can be awfully persuasive if properly administered.
Old 09-18-2003, 03:14 PM

Last photo:

koolness guys.. thanks.. but we got all the pistons installed except for 1.. and then now..werew gonna go to the machine shop and see if thers an extra one they can give us or one we can buy.. and i got pics and theyll be up shortly..

Nos

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.