Hot Rod Forum banner

piston/head/valve coatings

796 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Old School Nut 
#1 ·
i was wondering, has any1 here ever used coatings on their parts? if so where did you go and how was the quality, also how much does it cost to have pistons and heads coated? thanks guys

#2 · (Edited)
Well I have never used them but plan too in my next engine build. I have heard nothin but good things about them from afew of the engine guys around here. They are one of those mods you do when youve done everything else. They increase longevity and durability of the parts coated. Here's the link to the company that I was givenhttp://www.sqipc.com/index2.html. They come highly recommended and will be doing all my coating on my next engine. They are very knowledgable and their site has good info including pricing.

Doc

#3 ·
Wow great site! I had thought about doing this it seemed like it would be a good idea to keep heat and friction at a low and if these HP gains are real that is some real nice power esp. when your already building a 500 hp engine. It pretty much if working would allow you to have to do nothing other then get the coating for a HP gain even if only 20HP the price to coat pistons pins skirts and such is still cheap! hehehe I like lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.