Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Pistons hit heads on 454 w 25.5cc dome
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 12:39 PM

Last journal entry: Took her out for a drive Oh Ya! Gotta Love an LS powered early Vette
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1932bantam
good luck with those heads. i would be using a stud girdle also , I had same problem I removed a little of the heads so sparkplug would clear. with a .640 lift flat tappet no girdle broke the stud boss out of the head the casting looks very porus on the inside and these heads are around 5lbs lighter than any other al. head. Just fired mine up today with a set of steel 188's no more procomp for me . there combustion chamber is different than stock is why you hit.

we are using a stud girdle it is recommended to use one with my cam, The castings were the only part or the pro comp heads he was ok with using he also said the assembly was very poor and would not have worked with even a smaller cam. I would never buy another set I traded a better set of heads for them I had a set of 69 427/454 rectangle port aluminum heads that needed valves I traded for this set