Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Pistons and rods for sbc 350 ?
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 07:19 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

first thats not a 7,000 rpm cam,second,if you want to run 7,000 rpm get forged pistons.Eagle/scat rods are decent rods.check your crank to see if its forged or cast,forged is preferred for 7,000 rpm. Put on smaller heads,200 to 210 cc for a mild to moderate 355
vic Jr and 850 is great! flat top pistons will get you around 10:1 depending on CC of heads and head gasket.
If your crank is cast and you are considering buying a forged crank,you can now go for a few more cubes with a longer stroke,depending on engine application? 366-401 depending on block.
383 is the most popular and most reasonable. A bigger engine will also make that cam seem more mellow.

also if you plan to run 7,000 rpm,I really recommend a full blue print and balance.Get an after market S.F.I. approved balancer. Because you had bearing issues before,machine block for deck and square and align hone.
this is just a start of a plan,think it out.even with that small roller cam,500hp is with in reach.Find someone close by and have your heads flow tested.If hes also a head porter he can tell you what to do for your application,example,I had a set of brodix heads that flower over 300 cfm that went on a street car,we closed up the intake ports a little