Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Pistons and rods for sbc 350 ?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 08:44 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Machine shop tom : intended purpose is to put the engine into an off road Jeep.

Vinniekq2 : so this camshaft that i have will make peak power around 6000 rpm's, And should I limit max rpm's to 6500 for longevity ? Would it be better for me to use hi rise dual plane intake manifold rather than single plane Victor ? As I said above it had Edelbrock Performer intake When it ran 118 mp/h at the strip, the compression ratio was only 8.75:1-9:1 at the best. (does anyone know how deep the dish in stock cast piston is ?) so I would say that there's was some power left on the table in the intake manifold and compression ratio alone.

Ruthlessmr : I've been looking at speed pro pistons, I'm just not quite sure if I should use hypereutectic pistons or forged pistons. And yes, I'm using 350 block so of course i will use 5.7" rods. You said clevite bearings, they offer both P and H series bearings, what's the main difference and what's best suited for my mild build ?
Does anyone have experience of these sealed power digital diamond profile hypereutectic pistons ?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SLP-8KH345ACP30/

Best regards

Last edited by Icejeep; 09-23-2012 at 09:05 AM.