Pistons and rods for sbc 350 ? - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2012, 12:25 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I think it's almost sold ! I have to look around here for a combo like this !

But tell me what do you think about my rear gear selection, on or off the nitrous ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Yada Yada Yada

Last photo:

Leave it as is for now. Its fine as a baseline. This car is going to MPH. A rock solid fuel system for this car (with the tunnel ram, edelbrock 750's and edelbrock RPM nitrous) can be built using low cost Carter electric fuel pumps and 3/8" fuel line, filters and hardware-fittings etc.

2 Carter P4070's (6psi) twin 3/8" fuel lines for the Motor. No regulator is required..

1 Carter P4594 (7-8psi) pump 3/8" fuel lines and Holley pressure regulaotr for the nitrous system.
Mount a fuel cell under the hood (ahead of the motor) and plumb all three pumps off it.
No need for jacked up fuel pressure. Dirt simple to swap fuel octane.
A fraction of the cost of 1/2" high pressure race stuff. Dirt simple and reliable. uses common low cost 3/8" hardware and $10 fuel filters.

These low cost simple fuel pumps outlast all the racey stuff and if by chance one does crap out on ya
they are dirt cheap to replace and can be sourced locally.
When the fuel cell is mounted under hood ahead of the motor you DO NOT NEED OR WANT high fuel pressure to overcome acceleration on a drag car.
You can build this low cost simple reliable fuel system for your car for a fraction of the pretty racy stuff.

if I was going to do anything I would get a bit shorter diameter slick for the N/A motor. 28" ish.
4.10's +28" tires for N/A running ,,, 29.5" tires for on nitrous (your current tires)
Start with what you got. its going to GLH.

Last edited by F-BIRD'88; 10-13-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:52 PM

Last photo:

I like this budget solution for the fuel system, as it's set up now i'we got one 6 gallon cell in the trunk and one Holley Blue pump that pumps through 1/2" line into Holley fuel pressure regulator that has two 3/8" lines that go to the Carburetor. Would this system compensate for the dual Carter set up on the motor alone ?

How high do you think i need to spin a motor like this ?
Old 10-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Yada Yada Yada

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icejeep View Post
I like this budget solution for the fuel system, as it's set up now i'we got one 6 gallon cell in the trunk and one Holley Blue pump that pumps through 1/2" line into Holley fuel pressure regulator that has two 3/8" lines that go to the Carburetor. Would this system compensate for the dual Carter set up on the motor alone ?

How high do you think i need to spin a motor like this ?
Yes the holley blue is fine for the motor. When it craps out and or starts leaking
(and it will)
replace with the carter pumps. (move the fuel cell to the front too)

You will be shifting at 6800-7200rpm. The 4.10's will keep the motor from excessive rpm thru the traps. No worries. 350's like to rev.
The motor will show you what it likes.
Comp Cams will help you get the valve train right. Thats why you need to call them . A cam in this area will work very well for you in this car.
Don;t get greedy with the nitrous shot on pump gas. This car is going to GLH on a true 150HP shot on the T ram.
Step up to 110 octane unleaded to play with the big shots.
Get a spark control box and a nitrous RPM switch.
No rev limiter is required for this simple combo.
Shorter slick for N/A... taller slick for Nitrous. Keep it simple.

Last edited by F-BIRD'88; 10-13-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:06 PM

Last photo:

Thank you for all your advice sir. I will contact some cam company's / grinders during next week and then i'll let you know how things work out.

I remember that with the small street roller cam, 2400 stall holeshot converter and 4.10 gears it would go through the traps at 5700-5800 rpm at 117-118 mp/h. It was slow of the line but still i found that it would finish the first gear at 6500 rpm shifts very quickly. 60 ft times were only at flat 2.0 seconds. Hopefully i will do better with my new high stall converter.

Thanks again !

Last edited by Icejeep; 10-13-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Yada Yada Yada

Last photo:

Be prepared to go fast.

www.cranecams.com
www.iskycams.com
Old 10-13-2012, 02:19 PM

Last photo:

Yes hopefully this thing will be pretty fast as i would like to run in the 10's on next season !
Old 10-13-2012, 07:41 PM

Im really curious as to how well this combo of 235 cc heads and 1 5/8 headers is going to work?Im using 1 7/8 headers and only 227 cc heads
Old 10-14-2012, 06:55 AM

Last photo:

I needto measure up the port size of the head and then the opening of these headers. Will post the results here when i'm finished !

But i did ran it like this with the low compression and small roller cam and it did just fine i think, wasn't laying off anywhere in the powerband and spun very quickly and easily to 7000 rpm's

But i agree with you they might be bigger these headers. Maybe 1.3/4" headers should do the trick !
Old 10-15-2012, 11:59 AM

Last photo:

I did measure up the port opening of the exhaust port and it measures 1.4" wide and 1.35" height. So it's smaller than my 1.5/8" headers. So that shouldn't be a problem or what ???

Thanks.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.