Plan my day - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2003, 08:38 AM
Rebuilding AGAIN!!!!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Plan my day

My S-10 beater truck is starting to have starter problems, the bendix is going out & sometimes you have to hit the key 2 or 3 times to get it to start. I could fix this today, but I think it will last another week or so.

Or my other plan for the day is to go look for a good set of electric cooling fans for my Project & a Driveshaft that fits it @ the junk yard. I guess I could even look for the starter at the junkyard too & that would take care of a few things.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2003, 08:43 AM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

Hey Jamnut

maybe while your at the yard, the bendix will crap out, and you'll have to do the do........ maybe not, i hope not....
lol when i was in school, i worked weekends doing home health, the first stop i made, i got out, freakin radiator had sprung a pinhole leak. stopped at a crappymart and got some stop leak, as long as i popped the cap when i stopped, it wouldn't build up enough pressure to blow...... so on my last stop of the day, i go to leave and my freakin starter has decided to puke. thank God i was on a hill........
good luck.
Old 07-17-2003, 08:58 AM
Rebuilding AGAIN!!!!

Last photo:

Crazy Larry,

I was actually thinking about getting the starter on the way to the junkyard, I'll have all the tools needed to do the swap & that way if the starter goes out, I can change it on the spot, if it makes it, I will put the truck on the ramps & go at it with the air ratchet when I get home. With the airtools & the truck on ramps it should go quickly, except for it looks like one of the exhaust crossover pipes might need to be dropped so that I can access the starter. I can't put the truck on jackstands, because I have all 6 of my jack stands holding up my project. :p
Old 07-17-2003, 09:53 AM
HEAD GREASEWHORE

Last journal entry: More
Last photo:

NO Jackstands left? I couldnt live without Jackstands..... Time to buy more Jam!

pup
Old 07-17-2003, 12:43 PM
Rebuilding AGAIN!!!!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by chevyluvnpuppy
NO Jackstands left? I couldnt live without Jackstands..... Time to buy more Jam!

pup
I've got 6 jack stands holding up my GMC Diablo Project right now. All I have left is a bent up set of metal ramps that I won't lay under & a set of Rhino Ramps & those things are only about 5" tall, but good for the 4th Gen Formula we have.

I found the perfect drive shaft for the Diablo, if you are building an Elcamino / Diablo & decide to run a short shaft TH 350 your drive shaft will be 3" too short. I found that the drive shaft off of an old Sedan Deville works just great. I also got 2 very nice electric cooling fans out of 2 different caddys & a very nice aluminum Cadillac radiator that's a little bit bigger than the stock Diablo one is. So now I can save the $1000 that I was going to dump on a BeCool kit with fans & electronics. Also got me a nice coolant catch can out of a caddy. I like using caddy parts for customs, due to the fact that most of their electric fans are big to cool those transverse mounted V8's & the radiators are good for the same reason. I also figure that the Sedan Deville drive shaft will work perfect due to the weight of a caddy. Been a good day @ the junk yard.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:51 PM
HEAD GREASEWHORE

Last journal entry: More
Last photo:

WOW! and all I said was .." buy more jack stands"!

pup!

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.