Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Garage - Tools (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/garage-tools/)
-   -   Planning on buying a 4 post lift and a new compressor, Suggestions? (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/planning-buying-4-post-lift-new-compressor-suggestions-207110.html)

K72Nova 10-15-2011 12:29 PM

Planning on buying a 4 post lift and a new compressor, Suggestions?

I am planning on buying a four post lift in the next few weeks, I have done a bit of research and I'm still not sure which lift I will be buying but I have been looking into this one Atlas Lift I also plan on buying the jack with it. I was looking into a 2 post lift but I have decided that I will need something I can move around my shop. Do any of you have opinions on this lift or have you owned one? I'd also be happy with your opinion on different 4 posts if you have one. I'll be using it to store my 72 Nova and also using it to work on it. I have heard plenty about buying a 2 post instead of a 4 if I am using it to work on a car but I have a really hard time giving up the mobility of the 4 post.

The other item I will be buying is an air compressor, I plan on purchasing this one Here same question as the lift, any of you have this thing? Or do you have suggestions on a different better compressor around this price?

My final question is how in hell do you unload a 4 post lift without a forklift? I have an engine hoist and a rinky dink HF dolly and I can possible get my hands on a pallet jack but there's no way I can get a forklift. This is going in my shop in the backyard of my house, any ideas?

oldred 10-15-2011 01:12 PM

You sure have good taste when it comes to compressors! The only thing to recommend about buying that Quincy is just do it! :thumbup: You spend a few dollars more but you will have a compressor you can count on to be there for you when you need it, real performance figures that it will live up to and it will run at 100% duty if needed.

BTW, if there is a Northern Tool store near you they have that same compressor usually in stock at about the same price.

Old Fool 10-17-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K72Nova
I am planning on buying a four post lift in the next few weeks, I have done a bit of research and I'm still not sure which lift I will be buying but I have been looking into this one Atlas Lift I also plan on buying the jack with it. I was looking into a 2 post lift but I have decided that I will need something I can move around my shop. Do any of you have opinions on this lift or have you owned one? I'd also be happy with your opinion on different 4 posts if you have one. I'll be using it to store my 72 Nova and also using it to work on it. I have heard plenty about buying a 2 post instead of a 4 if I am using it to work on a car but I have a really hard time giving up the mobility of the 4 post.

The other item I will be buying is an air compressor, I plan on purchasing this one Here same question as the lift, any of you have this thing? Or do you have suggestions on a different better compressor around this price?

My final question is how in hell do you unload a 4 post lift without a forklift? I have an engine hoist and a rinky dink HF dolly and I can possible get my hands on a pallet jack but there's no way I can get a forklift. This is going in my shop in the backyard of my house, any ideas?

Transfer it from the freight truck to a car hauler trailer, then back into the yard and unload it a piece at a time.